• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

☢️Chevereto v3.12.0.beta.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Chevereto 3.12.0.beta.1 (2018-09-11)
- Added support for guest albums
- Added binding for guest content when user logs in
- Added new login/signup page design
- Added top shadow mask for cover backgrounds
- Added manager role
- Added internal only redirects
- Fixed bug in storage migration tool [10255]
- Fixed bug in user editing [10291]
- Added WoltLab to Lab to PUP list of supported software
- Improved menu animation for mobile
- Changed global theme font (Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif)
- Improved header centering (flexbox)
- Added fixed "Save changes" button on Dashboard > Settings
- Fixed bug with cover flickering (scrollbars)
- Fixed bugs in Spanish translation
- Added password strength color indicador level
- Deprecated "Keep me login" option (always keep login now)
- Fixed bug in multiple login sessions (cookie conflicts)
- Fixed bug in user settings (change roles)

Affected files and folders (from 3.11.1)
- app/app.php
- app/install/
- app/lib/
- app/routes/
- app/themes/Peafowl/
- lib/

Check README.txt file and http://chevereto.com/docs for install or update instructions. If you edited some or part of the affected files merge your changes.

This one is not actually a "beta" because everything is quite stable. Beta comes from the missing Bulk image importer which should be released in the first release candidate (RC).

Yes there no bug from my test, Some issue already reported. Should we wait for Bulk image importer complete then we can more check.

What about the manager role? That thing touches everything.

Manager is like a semi-admin:
  • Has total control over the content, but cannot access to system settings, user emails, user social networks and cannot edit user roles. Managers can edit users, but not admins, not other managers.
Manager role is perfect for those that may help you to manage the content uploaded to your website but you don't want to provision admin role due to security concerns and whatnot.

Manager is like a semi-admin:
  • Has total control over the content, but cannot access to system settings, user emails, user social networks and cannot edit user roles. Managers can edit users, but not admins, not other managers.
Manager role is perfect for those that may help you to manage the content uploaded to your website but you don't want to provision admin role due to security concerns and whatnot.

This is big Enhancements update, look like Moderators functionality ! Can be delete user Image?

This is big Enhancements update, look like Moderators functionality ! Can be delete user Image?
Manager can do anything considered "management". That includes edit user details, content, user profile images, passwords, etc.

By the way, managers can search by IP, Storage and they can also issue IP bans. They are semi-admins 🙂

thanks for explenation about manager role, at first i thought it was like a section in admin area where you could create new roles, manage created roles, edit, delete roles. But now i see what you mean by Manager role, when i edit a user i see 3 roles available, user, manager, administrator or so.

I am trying to test the Manager role, so I've created a new user and assigned him the role.
I was expecting some limited Dashboard but instead, I couldn't find a way to browse the content, until I've enabled the "Explore" ability from the admin settings.

As an admin, I always have the ability to explore content either from the "Explore" link from top-left corner, either from Dashboard.
Is this an expected behaviour for the Manager role or am I missing something?

I download the installer from my client panel a few minutes ago and got directly 3.12.0 beta 1 installed. Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back