• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

What form of address should be used in German for Chevereto

What form of address should be used in German for Chevereto

• "Sie"-Form

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeCysos

Phoenix Foto Service
The following topic was about how to translate the German language in a more meaningful (contemporary) way.

In German (perhaps in other languages as well) there are several forms of salutation, as is well known.

"Sie"-Form
It is a form of politeness that we use when we do not know the other person. In business, for example, Sie is very often used instead of Du.

"Du"-Form
Du
is a form for more familiar contact, usually when you know each other better.

A digression can be found here: https://dein-sprachcoach.de/duzen-siezen-wie-ist-es-im-deutschen-richtig/

This is one of the "german things". I can use the "Du"-form and be polite. Also there're changes in business during the last years from "Sie" to "Du".

Maybe @rudolfo can add a second german language file for translation (used for germany, austria and switzerland)
1. Deutsch (Du)
2. Deutsch (Sie)

I'd prefer "Du", but having "Du" and "Sie" as an option in different language files would be the gold standard, but also doubling the maintanence burden.

I don't speak German, but there are also different forms of salutation in my language.

In the past, I had considered becoming a big website, so I used a more polite form "Sie".
But now, I want to use a more familiar form "Du", and I will use "Sie" in contact emails and Terms.

I run a free instance by myself and I know I can't meet everyone's demands.
I feel that users who love my website are more like my friends, so I want to reach out to them with a more intimate attitude.

Since I am actually the only one operator of the website, I often think about whether to use "contact us" or "contact me".

Back