• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

WebP Support

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
💡Describe your suggestion

I would like my users to be able to upload .webp to the image host.

I would much rather webp support over bmp. For servers that aren't ready, it can be already "disabled". Basically enable it for servers that are ready to handle it.

👏Where did you saw this?

This is now supported on Facebook, Flickr, Google Photos, Imgur, WebPurr, BunnyCDN, Sirv, KeyCDN, MaxCDN all have switched to webp support.

🔥Interest outside our community

WebP is developed by Google, and is a new major image format that is now supported on every major browser. Safari is the only one with no WebP support, except through an extension. Safari is always resistant to change, but this doesn't mean Chevereto should be. Nobody uses bmp anymore for example. In the future WebP is going to be a huge file type extension, and it already is on the way.

Back