• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Thanks, I have managed to sort out a backup with Backblaze, I posted the solution in the user tips forum, also I have noticed you have stopped using your sub domain st-nl1. for the images, have you changed host?

Thanks, I have managed to sort out a backup with Backblaze, I posted the solution in the user tips forum, also I have noticed you have stopped using your sub domain st-nl1. for the images, have you changed host?

That was well observed :p I was messing around in the mysql config (had to grant access for external practice) and it broke my server, yes, it was my fault and a stupid one. I'm sticking with the host, just need to put it back up.

It's expensive
It's about equal to what I pay. When I first posted my server stats on Chevereto I got attacked and was told I'm paying too much. But, I've never had downtime, I've had perfect stability, and never get complaints about image slowless from any location on the planet. The pricing difference is worth it. As long as I can afford it, that is.

Hi guys.

I wanted to share with you my current solution which is quite easy and managable. First off, I recommend Vultr Hosting. Their controlpanel is amazing, it gives you an neat and slick overview with the functions you need. Vultr also have an phone app which is very good for monitoring and performing simple tasks on your servers.

In the controlpanel you can simply add servers on the go. What I have done right now is to create one main server (cloudcompute) for hosting the site and another (storage server) to host the images. All with SSD drives. You can choose size of the server as you wish ofc. When I need more space, I'll just add another, and so on..

LE5M8.jpg

--------
LEOMl.jpg

You get billed at the end of the month for your usage. Their model is "pay for what you use" and their servers are really fast. Check out reviews all over the web. Their pricing is really good considering the quality service they provide.

Ok, so what now, you have an account with Vultr (or any other simulare company) and don't want to pay lots of extra for cPanel or managed services?

I'm using serverpilot.io which is fairly the best tool I've come over. What it does is that you register an account. You can choose a free account or a paid one $10/month - then you add your servers IP adress root info and in 2 minutes your server is up and running with SFTP, PHP, MySQL, Nging and Apache ready to go.

With serverpilot all you need is a clean server. All it requires is that you install ubuntu 16.04 (Vultr lets you choose which OS when you add a new server)

What ServerPilot Does
  • Software Installation – ServerPilot installs all of the software your server needs, including PHP, MySQL, Nginx, and Apache.
  • Firewall Configuration – ServerPilot secures your server with an iptables firewall.
  • Automatic Updates – ServerPilot keeps your server's packages updated.
  • Simple Control Panel – ServerPilot's control panel makes it easy to host multiple sites on a server, manage databases, change PHP versions, deploy SSL, and more.
  • AutoSSL – With AutoSSL, ServerPilot enables free SSL certicates for your apps' domains.
  • Stats and Monitoring – ServerPilot provides stats and monitoring for your servers and apps.
  • Professional PHP and WordPress Hosting – ServerPilot's Free plan provides everything you need for secure, reliable hosting on your server. Our paid plans offer additional features that may be helpful to you as your business grows.
*source: https://serverpilot.io/community/articles/how-serverpilot-works.html

so basically, serverpilot is your server manager and you get full root access and free SSL with just one click.

On top of that you can add CDN (I use cloudflare to serve the main site) The combination of Vultr.com Hosting - Serverpilot & Cloudflare gives me blazing fast speeds and full control with very low costs.

For mail hosting you should take a look at Zoho Mail
  • They will host mail for you with your own domain name.
  • It's an very easy step-by-step guide when you create an account.
  • You can map mail.yourdomain.tld and get your own branding for free
  • Simply enter SMTP settings with LTS in Chevereto settings and your system is all set up to handle mail.
  • Mailbox looks is very simulare to outlook and has gmail functionallity
  • Free app for tablets/phones in app/play store
  • Best of all, this can all be done with the Free plan
example loginbox on my site: mail.photoland.io

--------------------------------------------------------------
*I also installed ubuntu 16.04 on my homeserver and connected it to serverpilot, and that too works like a charm if you have the resources to host on your own.
*highlighted links are affiliate links, serverpilot link gives you $10 in credit which is enough to cover the first paid plan for a month
So how much you are spending monthly on hosting and management in total ?

At the moment I have a rather large server at Vultr due to stupidity (start with external storage ASAP) I have 30GB of images on my local storage!! If I had only the static files on the "local/main server" I could run with the cheapest at Vultr without any issues. Running costs atm is $20 /month for the "local" server, $7 /month for storage server and $10 /month for serverpilot (but I've started the process of moving over to runcloud.io for the management part - it's much better and with more options as mentioned above) and I'm currently setting up a $20 cdn /month

Back