• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Show users by Status

Gambalunga

💖 Chevereto Fan
In the admin dashboard it would be useful to show users in Status order or better still filtered by Status. Every so often I get a user's confirmation email bounce. Naturally I have taken this up with the host support however I forward the bounced email using an alternative email (gmail actually) with an explanatory note.

This has shown me that it would be useful to be able to see immediately any users that have Status "Awaiting confirmation".

Certainly I can see this in the database but having a filter in the admin dashboard would be useful.

You need to log in to phpMyAdmin on your server (Sometimes you can do this from cPanel).
Expand the chv database and click on the chv_users table. This will open the user table.
Find the "user_status" column heading and click on the heading to sort the table. (you may have to click a second time to get the table in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
There are a lot of other things that you can do in phpMyAdmin but there are a couple of golden rules.
  1. Do not change anything unless you really know what you are doing
  2. Always, but always, make a backup before you change anything
As a general rule changing data in the database is not a good idea and can have unexpected results. You are much better off changing data in the dashboard as administrator. That way the script will look after all the data tables and any linked tables and indexes for you.

3. Third rule: Don't blame me if you change something and stuff it up :)

Without sounding critical I'd rather see the backend members listing as a straightforward table in columns.

As an example the columns could be something like:

User Id
Username
Visible Name
Email address
IP Address
Status
Register Date
Images (number)

....that sort of thing.

That would be much easier to view at a glance. Also you could have check boxes at the end of each row and a menu to select a variety of "actions" (on the one you selected).

At the moment it's just the members list which viewers see but with additional functionality. I don't really need to see their avatar as it takes up too much of the page. A listing in a table would be much more useful. You could then the "Status" and other aspects much easier.

Just a suggestion .... ;)

Back