• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Resize both file size and dimension?

Papay

Chevereto Member
I know there is an option to resize the image dimensions, but are there also ways to reduce the file size, let's say I want the images to be maximum of 50Kb only. Is that possible? Thanks!

Well it is possible, but it would put much more stress on your server than having the current resizing, because the php script would have to resize the image, check it size, if the size is higher than 50KB change the quality image, recreate the thumbnail... until it get under 50KB.

PHP is not a language made to edit images, it can perform basic operations, but these operations should never be use in a loop, the stress on the server would be much higher X the number of users you have on your website...

I strongly do not recommand it.

Thanks for the clarification Danny.Bomb! Any lightweight desktop software you can recommend that resizes image file size? So I could add it on my tips page.. :)

Papay said:
Thanks for the clarification Danny.Bomb! Any lightweight desktop software you can recommend that resizes image file size? So I could add it on my tips page.. :)

No sorry I dont know any file resize application, google it?

I'm using Advanced JPEG Compressor but I'm looking for a super light weight.. tnx anyway, I'll dive into google now.. :)

Back