• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Reselling Storage

tomsit

Cheese
Community Manager
Hey,

I'm thinking about getting a huge dedicated server and resell the storage, cheap!

How I planning to set it up

Using WHM to manage the clients, so it would be cpanel all the way. Client orders desired storage space from a simple webinterface and get everything set up instantly and can manage everything through cpanel and from the client dashboard.

This is an easy way and I would set up eg; 50GB 100gb 200Gb and 300GB packages with an price of $0.025 per GB

Bandwidth will be «unlimited» for normal use (I'm thinking normal use is a medium sized image host, if you are going big just change provider or add CDN)

What do you think of the use of cpanel and the pricing? The niche is ofc small to medium sized image hosting sites

Do you mean purely for storage use or hosting Chevereto as well ?

I pay $0.024 per GB for London based S3 storage which is slightly more expensive than US based S3.

S3 is relatively expensive so your pricing might be a tad high...

If you rent the server then remember you'll be paying for it even though you won't have "rented out" all the space available. Consequently there might be a period when income against outcomings does not add up.

Sure WHM and cPanel would work fine. However a dedicated WMH licence is $425 per yr so it's not cheap. Out of interest how would you handle redundancy :)

Purely for storage, nothing else. Clients must be responsible for their own redundancy, hence I need to sell it cheap. 0.025 is not set in stone, the price must reflect the risks. Maybe in 0.010 - 0.015 range.

whm license would be given from another provider, and set up to work with whmcs and a custom theme.

I'm not plannning on getting richer by doing this, but if it could cover itself I'd be happy.

Back