• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

reCaptcha Integration on Upload like Tinypic

brightboss

Chevereto Member
I think there should be a recaptcha integration with the option to switch it on our off in config file. Similar to tinypic.com This way you don't have bots flooding your uploads.

Personally wouldnt use it many people look for alternative image hosts for that reason, its all about ease of access for the user.

If you want to prevent flooding your server, you can allow only 5 or less uploads and only 1 upload instead of 3 simultaneously uploads.

User hate captcha, you're only hurting yourself.

I agree. Personally I dislike reCAPTCHA. They've become pretty difficult to read sometimes. I've even encountered a few that weren't even english!

Maybe add this feature in, BUT with a setting to turn it off as well?

That way, anyone who wants it can turn it on, while others can leave it off.

Plus, a site that is new can leave it off, but once it gets bigger and gets hit by more bots, he can turn it on.

Back