• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

More robust search Elastic or Solr

john365

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your suggestion

At this moment the search function is pretty okay, but perhaps it can be better. Reading somewhere in the forum that Tags is I think frowned upon, but maybe should be considered as it can help member organize images uploaded and provide better search.

In addition, maybe having search services such as Apache Solr or Elastic search would be great.

👏Where did you saw this?

Didn't see it particular anywhere, just thought having a more robust search might be good as it is an important component to any online community. I think Elastic search service can be added on in some hosting providers especially on VPS account. In addition, search service such as Algolia might be good as they have free for open source. https://www.algolia.com/pricing

🔥Interest outside our community

Nothing to add here.

I would love a more robust search or elastic.

I would like to be able to search for partial things too when searching for "ash" I want "ashkir" albums to come up for example.

Sitewide personal tags are also a planned feature. I cannot wait for that!

Back