• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Modifying the Login Page

jck

Chevereto Member
Hi there,

I have put my site into private mode so the login page is the first thing that appears when you load the site.
The login page uses the first background image that I define in the homepage settings as a static background. I do love the rotating image function of the landing page.

Is there an easy way to modify the login page to include the background rotation functionality of the landing page?
Can I also include the site logo in the top bar?

Happy to have some pointers if this subject was already discussed before - did not find this via the search function.

Thanks.

So, I've been wanting the same thing on my install and decided after finding this thread that it was time to do some poking around and find the solution myself.

The reason this happens is because app/themes/Peafowl/views/login.php calls upon snippets/quickty/background_cover instead of snippets/homepage_cover_slideshow. While you could just fix it by doing thus --

Find this bit

Code:
<?php G\Render\include_theme_file('snippets/quickty/background_cover'); ?>

And replace it with this bit

Code:
<?php G\Render\include_theme_file('snippets/homepage_cover_slideshow'); ?>

-- it's better to use an override, so it will withstand updates (and be much easier to disable or remove if you change your mind or a future update brings changes to the original snippet). Thus, you'll want to create an override in app/themes/Peafowl/overrides/snippets/quickty named background_cover.php with the following contents:

Code:
<?php if (!defined('access') or !access) {
    die('This file cannot be directly accessed.');
} ?>
<div id="home-cover-slideshow">
    <?php
        $i = 0;
        foreach (CHV\getSetting('homepage_cover_images_shuffled') as $k => $v) {
            if ($i > 1 && is_mobile_device()) {
                break;
            } ?>
    <div class="home-cover-img" data-src="<?php echo $v['url']; ?>"></div>
    <?php
            $i++;
        }
    ?>
</div>

This is simply a copy/paste of the contents of snippets/homepage_cover_slideshow, aka a slightly more future-proof method of telling the theme to use this bit of coding instead of the original. Also, make sure that you add the override to every theme that you want to have this feature, not just Peafowl, if you happen to have multiple themes or use a custom theme.

Back