• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Individual File Upload Size Limits per Extension?

AnatomicFlack

Chevereto Member
New licensed use to the Chevereto. I needed to create an image host for the users of my forums after Imgur recently blocked us at the domain level for users posting Imgur images in our classifieds section.

In trying to find the best value for upload size limits, being able to provide limits per extension type would make this a lot easier since general image types sizes can vary wildly.

I want my users to be able to upload normal static image types that can be resized by the server, which works perfectly. But I would like to also be able to put a different limit on file size for things like animated GIFs since they can't be compressed by the system (and wouldn't trip the image dimension resize anyway).

I want my users to be able to upload directly from their mobile devices (and the files keep growing larger as phone camera resolutions grow exponentially), but those will always be resized down nicely by the server software. GIFs, on the other hand, will live at whatever the original raw file size they uploaded as.

Thanks in advance.

Back