• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Import Files from old V3 Install

Version
Website URL
https://picapple.de
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Brave (chromium)

Kevinterra

Chevereto Member
Due to problems with the current V3 installation, I have set up a new V4 installation. An upgrade from V3 to V4 could not be done at that time. Is it possible to import the data like images and users? With the bulk-import private pictures would then be imported as guest and public for all.

The old installation is now online at "alt.XXX.com". The new one at "XXX.com

I managed to upgrade an old version (3.10) to version 4.

1) I did a clean install (another server and db) of the latest version 3.20 and I got a clean database (cleaned all tables, manual step) from the latest version of v3.

2) I made a backup of my official database, except for some tables see command below. The chv_pages and chv_storage_apis after, I configured when I was already in version 4. mysqldump -u root -p --no-create-info --complete-insert --ignore-table=chv_db.chv_pages --ignore-table=chv_db.chv_storage_apis chv_db> backup.sql

3) Tables cannot have a custom prefix in tables, it must be the default chv_ (if you don't do this, it will cause problems when updating from v3 to v4) (don't ask me why)

4) I restored my old bank (data only) in this clean bank. (this step is not that simple)

5) The settings table, from the latest v3 will have more configuration lines (in table chv_settings). You must detect which lines are new compared to your current version (mine was v3.10), I did this using excel and inserted in the update.

6) Here the database is already in the latest version v3, now just install v4.0.0

7) Restore the folder where the user avatars and cover.

8) Version 4.0.0 running normally, you can update to version 4.0.8

It's not simple, it's all very manual and needs accurate knowledge.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. When I have some time, I will try to do the whole thing this way. If this does not succeed I will close the page. Then it was after all 12 beautiful years with Chevereto.

What do you mean by that? What have you cleaned up?

Which tables can be imported directly? What must be taken into account?

What do you mean by that? What have you cleaned up?
delete all rows from table

Which tables can be imported directly? What must be taken into account?
I imported all the tables, but the tables have to be the same.

Back