• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Imgzit.com - A hopeful start

user_490d0

Chevereto Member

https://imgzit.com

Hello all, I started Imgzit start of last month and thought now I would share it further since it's got to a point where I am happy with it (still has things I want to iron out but are minor).

A couple of notes:
  • Ads provided by Exoclick - In previous unrelated projects that I have either run or helped with I have found them to be "OK" in assisting in server costs, whilst not having issues with ad quality (sometimes a bit questionable sfw ads I must admit). Taking a note out of other large image hosts I have chosen the route of displaying a interstitial ad after x number of clicks for both sfw and nsfw content, whilst limiting one pop under every 12 hours to nsfw marked content only. I plan to make the interstitial only show when uploading an image to make it not as imposing on the user, as whilst they wait for their images to upload they can click the close button (avoids breaking visitor flow).
  • Images are served by two servers using DNS load balancing from Cloudflare with health monitoring (they are not proxied), this is just to geo-balance where possible but mainly to avoid long downtimes. They are also backed up periodically to an "offline" server just in case both servers spontaneously combust.
  • For now I currently have a weird reverse proxied API whilst I sort something proper out but most likely I will just have that there until V4 is around, it's worked reasonably for a couple people using ShareX.
  • Using Arachnid API to help identify any potential CSAM.
  • Planning to move the site to one of my dedi's soon but may leave that till V4 so I can have a more seamless transition
  • Image titles are random strings
  • Explore/random disabled
  • Images are not lossy compressed
Things that I may look at doing:
  • Giving users the option to lossy compress their images on upload
  • Load balance the main server but this depends on future user-base as currently its not needed unless an attack occurs
Is adult content allowed?
  • Yes.
What limits are in place?
  • 10MB Limit for guests and 12MB for users.
  • 1MB Limit for API uploads (will be increased to 2MB) - Now has changed, API will be down for a couple hours on 6th Feb 2022 whilst migrating to another server. Finished.
How can I report images or a problem with Imgzit?

Last edited:
Apologies for those who got blocked by Cloudflare on the API help page, a firewall rule got reset and is now resolved.

Why didn't you enable the proxy for cloudflare to cache the images? Is there any reason?
Mainly two reasons based on my own previous experience:

1 - I don't want to come locked out of Cloudflare completely once they eventually complain about the amount of bandwidth I am using a month.
2 - Don't really need it, other than in Asia (currently at least until I get another server closer) the user loading isn't improved enough to warrant using them considering the above.

I'd rather just expand my own network for it's lower-risk and suitability, even at the higher costs, and in the future move away from DNS-based load balancing.

Back