• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Image upload issue, possibly image size related..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesgarth

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

Uploading only works for smaller images. I have max file size set to 30MB in the dashboard and 64MB in my PHP settings, using the following in .htaccess:
php_value post_max_size 64M
php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
php_value memory_limit 150M

This has only become an issue in the last day or so, since my host completed a platform migration. I have no idea what has changed.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Click start uploading
  2. Select image(s)
  3. Click upload - everything is still normal at this point and images appear to upload ok, and gets to 100%.
  4. larger images fail to upload, smaller ones seem ok.
😢Unexpected result

Images not uploading, seems to only be a problem for larger images (> ~3mb) - smaller ones seem to upload fine If multiple images are selected it will only upload the smaller ones but will say

Upload complete
Uploaded content added to xxxxx

📃Error log message
-----------------------------------------------------
No image have been uploaded
Some errors have occured and the system couldn't process your request

-----------------------------------------------------

Error report

• 20180923_111455.jpg - Server error (Internal server error)
------------------------------------------------------
Copy&paste from PHP error log:

[18-Dec-2018 09:54:07 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12096 bytes) in /storage/content/********************/public_html/uploader/app/lib/classes/class.upload.php on line 330

Just as the error says. You'll need to increase your php memory. Change it to 128mb. In modern cPanel installs there can be multiple places you need to change this. I'd ask your host.

Also, please update your PHP version to support a safer web. 5.6 expires in 12 days. http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Edit: Wait... you're using Chevereto 1.0.9? You sure?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Chevereto Free:1.0.9

I don't have cPanel with my current host, My only means of altering PHP settings are via .htaccess, where I have it set to 150MB - this is clearly not working... Having looked at the dashboard it says it's 96MB. I guess this is yet another reason to change host....

I've updated my PHP version to 7.0.32

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 6
Do you by chance have a different .htaccess memory limit set in the public_html folder? Do you directly have access to modify your php settings outside of .htaccess?

7.0 is also End of Life. It's no longer secure. You need to update to atleast 7.1 which security will expire in a year. You can read more here: http://php.net/supported-versions.php

memory limit is set the same. I do have some access to settings but only off/on, no control over post size, memory limit etc outside of .htaccess

I've contacted my host about changing it but i don't expect a helpful reply.

edit: i'll change to PHP 7.1 or higher later on - I can do that... thanks for the advice.

Sorry for not updating, I didn't fix it as such, I moved it to a different host. The PHP memory limit was the issue and i have so far not managed to resolve that with my original host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back