• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Image Name

naktself

Chevereto Member
Hi Chevereto support
is there any way to change the names from the images or even better to set an own choosen default image name so every uploadet pic get a name that contains for example "selfie_1" or so? I would like to include the name from my site in the image names (SEO).
Thanks for your help
Marc

Hi naktself,
I like the idea, and I'm sure it can be done, however I don't think it's really necessary because regardless if you have your site name in the image name, you'll still have your sitename in the URL.

http://www.example.com/images/example.com_image.jpg

I imagine that this will do nothing for SEO??
People tend to like very short URLS, so by 'increasing' yours might only harm your website rather than attract it.

I think this will only be beneficial if somebody stole the image, and re-hosted it on another service.... But then again, the image might be re-named automatically anyway. With images, this probably doesn't happen very often... With other types of files, this would be a beneficial for advertising.

The best way of going about this would be to apply the watermarking feature, but again, this could harm your website if your visitors want to retain the original image quality without any watermarks :)

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi AshkeyUK...thanks for your reply. As far as I know it does matter what the title from a image is in terms of SEO. I have a friend who has a blog and she names every picture something like that kellymau-luxury-fashionblogger-hermès-bag..... and so on..so if one is searching for google images her pictures are showing up. Now lets say I upload a picture from an iPhone 5..if the picture is named img_004.jpg .. who's gona find it in google?
I hope you understand now what I ment :)
Have a nice day
Marc

just an example.. one of her pics is named like that : kelly-mau-fashionblogger-luxury-bag-Hermes-Paris-Kelly-Bag-Makeover-restoration-repair-spa-treatment-restauration-cleaning-Slider1
If you go to google and search for pictures with the words "hermes bag makeover" you immediately find the pictures on her site as it contains these words in the image name..

Well, I looked into it, and yes it can be done.
You'll need to modify this file.

...\lib\G\functions.php

Look for a segment that looks like this.

Code:
        switch($method){
            default:
            case 'original':
                $name = $original_filename;
            break;
            case 'random':
                $name = random_string(16); // 7.958661109946401e+24
            break;
            case 'mixed':
                if(strlen($original_filename) >= $max_lenght) {
                    $name = substr($original_filename, 0, $max_lenght - 5);
                } else {
                }
                $name .= random_string(5);
            break;

Now as an example, here's how you do it.

Change this:
Code:
            case 'original':
            break;
To this:
Code:
            case 'original':
                $name = 'random-prefix-' . $original_filename;
            break;

So now your direct link will change from this:
www.example.com/images/myimage.jpg

to this:
www.example.com/images/random-prefix-myimage.jpg

There MIGHT be more to it, but I only tested it with a couple of files and it appeared to work. So use at your own risk

Hi AshleyUK
wow...thanks so much for your help. That just worked perfect! You made my day :)
Wish you a nice day
Marc

No problem. You'll have to keep us updated with any improvements that you notice in SEO :)

Rodolfo, maybe this feature can be implemented from within the dashboard?
It would save people hard editing the G/function file, and potentially messing it up.

Filename Prefix or Filename Suffix.
(in the same place where you choose Original / Random / Mixed)

Back