• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How to add keywords to the site for SEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use this file;

app>themes>peafowl>header.php

And you can add after meta name description;

<meta name="keywords" content="YOUR KEYWORDS">

Sorry to contradict you but IMO the meta keywords tag is dead nowadays and has no purpose.

Google openly admited that they dropped this from their search ranking criteria as far back as 2009, and Bing dropped it in 2014.

The way to get your site noticed in search results has long been to write engaing, meaningful content. However, we have a problem with an image hosting website as it has no written content (well very little) !

One of my Chevy websites sits at number one in Google search for it's niche. All I've done is write an accurate descriptions in various parts of the dashboard.

dashboard --> settings --> Website

Complete first 3 fields (Website name/doctitle/description)

and

dashboard --> settings --> Homepage

"Title" and "Paragraph" fields

Google most certainly uses keywords, it just doesn't get them from a meta keywords tag anymore.

Last edited:
I agree with @Oakley - don't waste your time on meta-keywords. Focus on how you can optimize your site with the build-in customization in dashboard. I personally added more text and pages with stuff so I had a more "content rich" website. This helped me a lot with google rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back