• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

How much server memory is needed for Chevereto?

dr_brown

Chevereto Member
After switching to Google Cloud when mass uploading pictures in the logs I get

AH01215: mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory, referer:

1024 MB installed on the server

After switching to Google Cloud when mass uploading pictures in the logs I get

AH01215: mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory, referer:

1024 MB installed on the server

About how much pictures we are talking about?
For such a small RAM you need at least >4GB swap, depending on the quantity & size of the files.

100 pcs per 1 upload, image 3.5 - 4.5 mb

1592507492568.png

if you set a memory limit of 1024 MB I get an internal server error and the error that I cited in the logs above

hmm that's roughly 500MB, shouldn't be a issues.

Could you more specific with your setup?

How much free memory do you have normally?
Whats your memory limit for php?

sorry could not edit my post in time...

You can't set the same amount of your memory for php only. that is the reason for the error.
Also hitting the limit of php with one upload. Better Upload in 2 Parts, with such a small amount of RAM.

if I set the setting to 1024Mb i.e. all available server memory for php, then there is an error. Download in 5 threads.
If I limit to 512MB like ok.

As long you don't give php all your memory (1024MB), you're fine.

You can try with 512MB, but I would not use more than 3 Upload Slots, just play around till you hit the golden spot, with php memory_limit and Upload threads.

I have 3 Gigs of RAM which is overkill. I very, very, rarely ever use over 1 gig of RAM at any given time. I'm hosting in the millions of images.

I have 15,533,125 requests to my server each day.

Last edited:
Back