• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Big Chevereto Hosting for RPers at NickPic.Host

Over 1 month without a single spam registration. Our growth has slowed a bit, but, our only growth is within our original niche, back to the original point and reason for the website.

Started monetizing for August. Already made the cost of the server, and some change.

You can be more helpful my adding more info

1) what is your daily unique visitors count
2) what is your daily page views count
3) what is your daily bandwidth consumption
4) what is your mode of monetisation
5) what is your monthly revenue
6) what is your running cost

Example: I can say I made million dollar from my image host. But that wont be helpful for anyone rather than I am simply boasting about the achievement I made.

His website is based for Game players. In this chart you can see that most of traffic he have from Tumblr. So basically his users share game screenshots on that social network sites,and bring traffic.

Attachments

• Nick.png
    Nick.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
% does not matter unless you know the numbers. 71% can be 71 people or 710 people or 7100 people. Let us see some numbers from his end to know how big his site is as per his claim.

1658842686256.png

2021 he claims to host more than 250+ million images. Let us consider 1 million 500GB minimum it will be more than 122TB. Let us consider storing 122TB costs 5USD/TB it will be 500+ USD for storage alone. Maybe 500USD+ sponsored by BWF that is the reason they have mentioned 4000UDS+ for the Main Server.

Now CDN cost is so small which is just 85USD for such a huge collection of images. So it will be more interesting to see some numbers from his end to know the real numbers with cost and profit.

Last edited:
You can be more helpful my adding more info

1) what is your daily unique visitors count
2) what is your daily page views count
3) what is your daily bandwidth consumption
4) what is your mode of monetisation
5) what is your monthly revenue
6) what is your running cost

Example: I can say I made million dollar from my image host. But that wont be helpful for anyone rather than I am simply boasting about the achievement I made.
These are details that are up to me to provide. I don't share analytics. I explained it earlier in this thread. I'm using several terabytes of bandwidth. Monetization isn't the primary goal (as stated earlier in the thread). I have an NDA signed with a data center/webhost for my exact current price. I am the dominant image host for gif creators and roleplayers on Jcink, ProBoards, IPB, etc forums.
His website is based for Game players. In this chart you can see that most of traffic he have from Tumblr. So basically his users share game screenshots on that social network sites,and bring traffic.
Yes and no. It's for "roleplayers" not for "game players" exactly. It isn't game screenshots. The vast majority of use on Tumblr are gif creators. We host over 1 million+ gifs. You know those tumblrs that do gif hunts, or gif creation packs? That's our big userbase. Tumblr deletes gifs, so they use us to host.

% does not matter unless you know the numbers. 71% can be 71 people or 710 people or 7100 people. Let us see some numbers from his end to know how big his site is as per his claim.

View attachment 4925

2021 he claims to host more than 250+ million images. Let us consider 1 million 500GB minimum it will be more than 122TB. Let us consider storing 122TB costs 5USD/TB it will be 500+ USD for storage alone. Maybe 500USD+ sponsored by BWF that is the reason they have mentioned 4000UDS+ for the Main Server.

Now CDN cost is so small which is just 85USD for such a huge collection of images. So it will be more interesting to see some numbers from his end to know the real numbers with cost and profit.
I never stated 250 million images hosted. I said served. It's at a higher rate now.

We're no longer sponsored by BigWetFish, again, I stated this earlier in this thread. I had a heart transplant so BigWetFish had made my server free during my recovery. Now, it's a paid-for service again at an NDA price. This page hasn't been updated in a few years.

Our costs are a bit different. We did eliminate our CDN.

View attachment 4925

According to Similarweb he have around something like 4.000 visitors daily https://www.similarweb.com/website/nickpic.host/#overview And you can check your website, and then you will see is it correct or no.

not a single spam image uploaded since June! Referral only worked incredibly well! We've seen about a 9% growth in our image count, a slow down of user growth, but, manageable and still significant. Getting around a few dozen registrations a day.

@ashkir I will be relaunching allthepics here in a few days.

Any tips?
imagine hosting isn't a get rich quick scheme. Expect to lose a lot of money, time, effort, and passion over it.

Satisfying a user base is difficult.

Focus on building a community versus the guest who uploads once and never returns.

imagine hosting isn't a get rich quick scheme. Expect to lose a lot of money, time, effort, and passion over it.

Satisfying a user base is difficult.

Focus on building a community versus the guest who uploads once and never returns.
How does one go about building the community that you speak of?

I have decided to close down services. After 7 years and over 5 million images.

Last edited:
Back