• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• ๐Ÿ˜Œ This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • ๐Ÿ‘‰ Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • ๐Ÿ’ธ Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Facebook Comments Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastion

Chevereto Member
Alright so I'm loving Chevereto..
One thing I don't like though is the facebook integration. I would love for a way to disable this. I've tried leaving the field blank in the config, but it didn't work. Any tips?

Edit:
Also why aren't thumbmails showing up? Is there a file I'm forgetting to CHMOD or something?

Hmm I'm not sure what your doing wrong.

On line 234 on config.php you should see the time.
PHP:
$config['facebook_comments'] = true; // Values: true | false

Change it to
PHP:
$config['facebook_comments'] = false; // Values: true | false

For me, and on a test installation it removed the facebook intergration.

However if that still doesn't work.

Find view.php under your theme directory.

You should see;

PHP:
<?php if(is_viewer() && use_facebook_comments()) : ?>
            <div id="fb-root"></div>
            <div class="image-tools-section">
                <fb:comments href="<?php show_img_viewer(); ?>" num_posts="10" width="670"></fb:comments>
            </div>       
            <?php endif; ?>

And replace that with;

PHP:
<div id="fb-root"></div>
            <div class="image-tools-section">
            </div>

Alright that worked. Now so I don't have to make another topic.

Do you know how to fix the thumbnails not showing up?

thumbnail fail.png
Here's the exact problem. I've been searching for a cache folder or something of the like, but I, as earlier, could be overlooking it. Or I just might not having something CHMOD'd the right way.

View attachment 17
Here's the exact problem. I've been searching for a cache folder or something of the like, but I, as earlier, could be overlooking it. Or I just might not having something CHMOD'd the right way.

I've just uploaded a file to your website. And found the issue.

Your thumbnails in the AUS gallery are being directed to http://yourdomain.com/images/direct/image.th.png

Where it should redirect to http://yourdomain.com/images/image.th.png

By simply removing the "direct" in the URL I got the thumbnail to show.

However I'm not sure why it's showing the image with direct.

Interesting. The only thing I see in the configs that relay to 'direct' is on lines 96 - 102. Talking about storage. (datefolders or direct)

Interesting. The only thing I see in the configs that relay to 'direct' is on lines 96 - 102. Talking about storage. (datefolders or direct)

Hmm yes, it does seam that AUS is having an issue with the storage in the new version of chevereto.

Are you definitely using the latest version of AUS?

Definitely. I will update it once more just to be sure but I know I'm on 1.7.4. So should I go talk about this in the AUS area?

Definitely. I will update it once more just to be sure but I know I'm on 1.7.4. So should I go talk about this in the AUS area?

Yes. Seeing as it is Lautaro's mod, I'd send him a message or simply post in the AUS area.

Aha just noticed I'm running 2.2.1 via the download page. That could be the problem?

Yes that could be it;

Fixed bug in viewer page (not working viewer/direct switch)

And seeing as your problem is related to the AUS system bot picking up with the direct viewer page.

Let's just wait and see.

Yes that could be it;

And seeing as your problem is related to the AUS system bot picking up with the direct viewer page.

Let's just wait and see.

Just updated to 2.2 and redid all of AUS. Still have the problem.

Just updated to 2.2 and redid all of AUS. Still have the problem.

Hmm well I'm not sure why it's giving you the error but not me. Definately to do with the selectable storage though as thats the only difference between yours and mine.

Anyway just let Lautaro know and he'll be able to give you an insight to why its happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back