• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Disqus Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian McDonnell

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

I'm in the process of installing Disqus custom code, but I'm not sure what code to enter into the following variables. Please could someone advise where I can obtain this information.

this.page.url = PAGE_URL; // Replace PAGE_URL with your page's canonical URL variable
this.page.identifier = PAGE_IDENTIFIER; // Replace PAGE_IDENTIFIER with your page's unique identifier

Thank you in advance.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps

😢Unexpected result

📃Error log message

🎯Description of the issue

I'm in the process of installing Disqus custom code, but I'm not sure what code to enter into the following variables. Please could someone advise where I can obtain this information.

this.page.url = PAGE_URL; // Replace PAGE_URL with your page's canonical URL variable
this.page.identifier = PAGE_IDENTIFIER; // Replace PAGE_IDENTIFIER with your page's unique identifier

Thank you in advance.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps

😢Unexpected result

📃Error log message

This is a little late, but just in case you didn't find the answer yet, or for people who have the same question ...

I think you can get away with leaving those variables out altogether, because Disqus will just default to the current page's URL. They don't recommend doing that because you can have two versions of one URL with the same content, in which case you'll get two separate comment threads for each version, but unless you're appending custom session IDs or other variables to the end of the URL, it should remain static and not an issue in Chevereto's case.

Say you did have different URLs and you wanted one comment box, then you'd set PAGE_URL = 'https://somesite.com/image/sXjsa'; for example. To produce that string equivalent, the JavaScript might be something like: PAGE_URL = window.location.href.split('?')[0]; 1 and that would strip any custom GET variables off the URL just in case.

The other variable should be set to something that uniquely defines that content, in case something about the URL changes (like you set the Chevereto image shortcut to something else, like https://somesite.com/i/sXjsa). So, you could set PAGE_IDENTIFIER = 'sXjsa'; for example. The code for that might be something like: PAGE_IDENTIFIER = window.location.href.split('/')[4]; assuming your URLs are the same structure as the example I gave (which they should be at this point with Chev).

Hope that helps!

More info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back