• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Admin panel problem

wilkiee

Chevereto Noob
every time i load up my site i get unable to connect to database

is everything correct here ?

Code:
// DB
$conf["db_host"]="findmp3.host22.com";
$conf["db_user"]="a5200432";
$conf["db_pass"]="********";
$conf["db_base"]="upload/images";

// Admin
$conf["admin_login"]="wilkie"; //login
$conf["admin_pass"]="********"; //password

wasnt sure what to put in db_base

well the problem is your db_base, it is not the folder, but the name of the database you created, it would be something similar to

a5200432_chevereto

Well it was just a guess, you should have created a database, and you given it a name... you copy this name and past it...

From 000webhost.com (your web host)
I get access denied errors when trying to connect to MySQL

If you cannot connect to MySQL server, there could be some causes:

- Incorrect MySQL hostname.
Never use 'localhost' as your MySQL hostname! You can find your MySQL hostname by logging on to members area, entering control panel and clicking on MySQL icon.

- Incorrect MySQL username / password or database name.
You can find / setup MySQL username and database by clicking on MySQL icon from control panel. And you can change MySQL password by clicking on phpMyAdmin icon.

- Database failed to setup.
In a very rare cases MySQL database can fail to setup. To confirm this, please try to enter phpMyAdmin for any database. If you see database there, that means it setup was successful. And if you get access denied error by trying to enter phpMyAdmin, please delete the database and setup the same MySQL database again.

Please note that always you must give about 1 minute for any changes to apply on server.

If you still unable to connect to MySQL you check if it is server or your script problem in this way: if you can enter phpMyAdmin and see you database there, that means everything is working fine on our side. It's a problem with your PHP script.

wilkiee said:
sorry i dont understand create a database where ?

Well, their should be an small icon somewhere on your control panel named mysql or database or something similar.

Click on it, you should see an option create a database, but I can't say for sure, every webhost is different.

if their is an option, you simply follow the steps and everything will be created.

Danny.Domb said:
wilkiee said:
sorry i dont understand create a database where ?

Well, their should be an small icon somewhere on your control panel named mysql or database or something similar.

Click on it, you should see an option create a database, but I can't say for sure, every webhost is different.

if their is an option, you simply follow the steps and everything will be created.

didnt see the vid but i was using 000webhost and found mysql and did my self thanks for finding vid for me tho

Still not working :( definatly done it right

Code:
$conf["db_host"]="mysql8.000webhost.com";
$conf["db_user"]="a5200432_wilkie";
$conf["db_pass"]="*******";
$conf["db_base"]="a5200432_images";

// Admin

// Folders //
/* If you change this, you also must change the folders name. */
define('DIR_UP','up/');
define('DIR_IM','images/filename.jpg'); // Change this to have something like /X/filename.jpg - where "X/" is the folder name. 
define('DIR_WORKING',DIR_UP.'working/');
define('DIR_TEMP',DIR_UP.'temp/');
define('DIR_TH','thumbs/');

wilkiee said:
Still not working :( definatly done it right

Code:
$conf["db_host"]="mysql8.000webhost.com";
$conf["db_user"]="a5200432_wilkie";
$conf["db_pass"]="*******";
$conf["db_base"]="a5200432_images";

// Admin

// Folders //
/* If you change this, you also must change the folders name. */
define('DIR_UP','up/');

define('DIR_IM','images/filename.jpg'); // Change this to have something like /X/filename.jpg - where "X/" is the folder name. 
define('DIR_WORKING',DIR_UP.'working/');
define('DIR_TEMP',DIR_UP.'temp/');
define('DIR_TH','thumbs/');

what is the error?

You can not connect or?

create another file... name it whatever.php

write the following in :

<?php
mysql_connect('mysql8.000webhost.com', 'a5200432_wilkie', 'PASSWORD') or die('1 - '.mysql_error());
mysql_select_db('a5200432_images') or die('2 - '.mysql_error());
?>

and give me the error after.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'a5200432_wilkie'@'10.50.0.79' (using password: YES) in /home/a5200432/public_html/whatever.php on line 2

Well, either your username, password or mysql host is wrong... try to find the rights information.,

well i made a new database and now im getting no error on the whatever.php and im still getting carnt connect to database

Back