• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

TinyURL bug

karsh

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I run myself a small "URL shortening" service like TinyURL.com which also has an API feature and so I tried to use that chevereto feature with my website and that's how I noticed a bug that otherwise would be very hard to notice. Regardless of the preference's box is checked or not, the short URL is always created. The only difference is that with the box unchecked the short URL is not shown below the image, but it's created at my website (as it is at TinyURL.com).

Regards.

Oh.. probably we are fucking TinyURL :S
I will check....

EDIT: I have tested and there is no such bug. Try by doing this:
Go to engine.php and look for:

PHP:
?>

and replace with:
Code:
echo $ShortURL;

?>

As you can see in the demo, this works and there is no url created when you have the preference set up.

So... your error must be in config.php... look for:
$cut_url_user = true;
if this is set to false, the script will be do the short url even if the user doesn't have the preference set up. So, try to set to "true".

Back