• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Several suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guneyd

Chevereto Member
Hey Rodolfo, my site now has +2000 users active at any given time and it has lead me to several suggestions you might incorporate in future releases. I apologize if some of them have been said before, but here goes:

DMCA
- Better ways of removal. Perhaps a text area in which you can insert several links as admin, and mass-delete images and/or albums together? Right now you've got to manually delete everything (and in some cases on the FTP as well) which is quite time consuming.
- Removal message. If you delete something now, it gives out a 404 error message. This is sometimes confusing, especially if the file was deleted after a DMCA request or something like that. It might come in handy for admins to have an (optional) option to leave a 'removal message' when deleting a file. Something like, 'this file was deleted because of a copyright claim'.

CDN
- If you activate the CDN now, everything runs on it. This can cost a lot of bandwidth and it isn't even necessary for most images (too expensive), but it'd help if you could host the general site files (CSS/JS/layout images) on a CDN. So, what I'm suggesting is perhaps the ability to enable/disable CDN for the frontend (general site files) as well.

- I'd like to be able to send mails to my users, for promotions and whatnot. So, perhaps a mass-mail function would be nice? The ability to mail all of your users from within the staff panel at once.

Multi-server storage of some sort
- I've read somewhere that you're going to do this for the next version?

Images/Albums
- Slideshow ability. Navigate between images in an album with the left-right keys.
- Download entire album option.
- Option to sort Albums alphabetically as well.

Last edited:
imgrobot . com

And I've just noticed that there actually is a slideshow function in Chevereto. I'm sorry for the mishap and for including it in my original post above.

DMCA
- Better ways of removal. Perhaps a text area in which you can insert several links as admin, and mass-delete images and/or albums together? Right now you've got to manually delete everything (and in some cases on the FTP as well) which is quite time consuming.
- Removal message. If you delete something now, it gives out a 404 error message. This is sometimes confusing, especially if the file was deleted after a DMCA request or something like that. It might come in handy for admins to have an (optional) option to leave a 'removal message' when deleting a file. Something like, 'this file was deleted because of a copyright claim'.
You could always simply replace the image with an image stateing 'REMOVE FOR VIOLATIONS OF DMCA'. I doubt a lot of effort is going to be put into this as DMCA only applies to US citizens and companies. That being said most people use it as a simple copyright violation guideline... However, don't really see this as needing to be a priority...

- I'd like to be able to send mails to my users, for promotions and whatnot. So, perhaps a mass-mail function would be nice? The ability to mail all of your users from within the staff panel at once.
Ruled not going to happen. https://chevereto.com/community/threads/send-bulk-email-newsletter.5213/

Why not just export your email list into mailchimp or the like?
Multi-server storage of some sort
- I've read somewhere that you're going to do this for the next version?
Both Amazon external storage, a direct FTP option, and multi-server with load balancing is planned.

You could always simply replace the image with an image stateing 'REMOVE FOR VIOLATIONS OF DMCA'. I doubt a lot of effort is going to be put into this as DMCA only applies to US citizens and companies. That being said most people use it as a simple copyright violation guideline... However, don't really see this as needing to be a priority...
Operating a site used by many and not having 'automatic' means of moderating it is a serious shortcoming. Even if you were to change the image with a standard image, my point still stands. It is too much work to manually delete all of the images. And DMCA might only apply to Americans, the World Intellectual Property Organization applies globally and the DMCA still serves as a good indicator about copyright theft.

Ruled not going to happen. https://chevereto.com/community/threads/send-bulk-email-newsletter.5213/

Why not just export your email list into mailchimp or the like?
I'm already using SMTP by Sendgrid and I don't mind using an external service, but it would be nice if I could do it from within my control panel. To my knowledge, you can't find an email list in Chevereto, not without exporting that list out of the SQL database yourself.

Both Amazon external storage, a direct FTP option, and multi-server with load balancing is planned.
Good.

When suggesting somehting please use one topic per subject. I will close this topic to put some order in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back