• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Remote upload and black thumbs

Calistot

Chevereto Noob
Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for this great script, and sorry for my english = S

I've installed on my server Chevereto: Images.ne2.in
Everything works fine except the upload from a URL. The image is hosted on the server, but the generated thumbnail is entirely black.
I have this problem to upload from URL only, and I can not find where is the problem.

eg :

I hope you can help me

Thank you in advance.

Calistot

Edit : here the gallery

The resize function is not working at all. You should enable debug (go to config.php) and paste the errors and warnings.
Regards.

Hi,

Thanks, I didn't see that. It's seem to be only from remote URL :/
I have enable debug, but there are no errors and warnings :( . Where I suppose to see this errors? I let the debug on for the moment.
With out resize, and always from remote URL, images are cut on about 20px from the bottom.
I go check my php configuration for GD and cURL.

Thanks again

Edit : from phpinfo();

gd

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.3.9
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

cURL

cURL support enabled
cURL Information libcurl/7.19.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3

Calistot said:
Hi,

Thanks, I didn't see that. It's seem to be only from remote URL :/
I have enable debug, but there are no errors and warnings :( . Where I suppose to see this errors? I let the debug on for the moment.
With out resize, and always from remote URL, images are cut on about 20px from the bottom.
I go check my php configuration for GD and cURL.

Thanks again

The thubms are created with the resize function. This function is the same that chevereto uses to resize full images when you input some width... So, is something with imagecopyresampled and stuff like that.

Calistot said:
I dont understand. I didn't modify the code. I have try with v1.7 and v1.8 and its the same problem.
It's hard to tell more if you can't output the debug. When the script upload a remote picture, it opens a curl transfer and copy the image in the work folder. From this point all the process is the same for both local and remote.

So... If the script can upload remote pictures it means that you probably touch some in the source code or is the most weird issue ever... This seems to be not a curl issue... Sometimes when I upload from local with resize works 100%, %50 (just the image) or 0% (black image and thumb). Thats why in my first post I say that it was a resize issue.

Thanks to take time for answer. I have not touch anything :/ only add ad. I can upload a new one. => images.ne2.in/new
Debug is on, where can i find the errors? Nothing apear on the page.

In the new one, only put debut "true" and chmod 777 on /up /images /thumbs with recursive. Its the same problem, probably come from server configuration. Probably cURL. Have u got any idea?

Ty a lot

Calistot said:
Thanks to take time for answer. I have not touch anything :/ only add ad. I can upload a new one. => images.ne2.in/new
Debug is on, where can i find the errors? Nothing apear on the page.

In the new one, only put debut "true" and chmod 777 on /up /images /thumbs with recursive. Its the same problem, probably come from server configuration. Probably cURL. Have u got any idea?

Ty a lot

Mmmm did you change something about the random name generator? I'm sure you did. :p
Because that is the only clue. You change the random name generator (in bad way) and the script can't find the proper image to do is job. That is why sometimes work, because mantains the image name and in the other hand it changes the name.

Edit: I just look the new one and it's the same thing =/

Ooops, pls sorry,i'm confuse, i have forgot that I change this part. I have try so much things that my brain abandon me ^^

I have ask to my host to reinstall cURL.

I tell you if there are change.

Ok, iI think that i got it!

When you upload a remote picture (new or old install) you can see that sometimes the uploaded file is incomplete... Meaning that the curl transfer is shutted down (probably by your hosting company or php settings). So I try to upload a very little file.. Like 1kb and there is also errors, the host just don't accept the transfer.

The resize will always fails if the image is corrupted or incomplete, so... there is your problem.

Fix? You can allways use another hosting company. If the server is managed by you (I mean, vps or dedicated) you should config the curl library.

Your a boss :cool: !! :D
Unfortunately, it's not my server, but i will request that to my host, that I think, will fix it.
I'll keep you in touch
Thanks again =)

P.S : I love your images ^^

Back