• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Problem] Internet explorer

Gunz

Chevereto Member
With new version of chevereto, 2.1.1 i can't use the site with Internet explorer 8.0. I don't know if the problem is only with 8.0 or also with others.

I can't see the button "select image". Same problem on demo version with chevereto.

I have had same problem with older browsers, not only with the 2.1.1, or 2.1, altso i think its because of the Flash uploader, soon as Rodolfo makes one html 5 uploader, it'll work in evry browsers though,

- try to install flash, or update ur flash if so.. if its updated, then idk, must be chev

First of all, why use internet explorer?

You should code into the website a warning if IE is detected. It's just that bad a browser, that if it doesn't work...then you deserve it.

Anyway I've tried on IE 9 and IE 8 and I don't see a problem. Could be just you?

xxshabsxx said:

You should code into the website a warning if IE is detected. It's just that bad a browser, that if it doesn't work...then you deserve it.

Anyway I've tried on IE 9 and IE 8 and I don't see a problem. Could be just you?

how to detect ie and give them a warning that functions might not work :D ?

Mcmar said:
xxshabsxx said:

how to detect ie and give them a warning that functions might not work :D ?
It's a small easy javascript or php script. Just google detect user agent (ie 8) and if ie 8 is detected do whatever...

Avast said:
detect user agent (ie 8) and if ie 8 is detected
I know it is a javascript, and i have been googling before, but isnt there somone already made, for internet explorer :| that i can just paste in my header?

Mcmar said:
Avast said:
detect user agent (ie 8) and if ie 8 is detected
I know it is a javascript, and i have been googling before, but isnt there somone already made, for internet explorer :| that i can just paste in my header?

There was a script I saw on either Codecanyon or Themeforest.

I'll try and find it for you.

Edit:

Found it,

http://themeforest.net/item/ie6-ale..._item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=blabus

I think you might be able to edit it to work with all ie browsers, however I'm not sure.

This will also help you, http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

I thought about this...

We don't need a script for that.
Try something like this:

Code:
        <!--[if IE 8]>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            $().ready(function() {
                $('#iediv').fadeIn();
                alert("This site does not support IE 8, Please use Firefox , Chrome .....");
            });
        </script>
        <div id="iediv" style="display:none; z-index:9991; width: 40%; height: 40%; background: #fff; color: #000;" >
                <div class="content">
                We don't support IE 8.
                </div>
        </div>
        <div id="overlay" style="background:#000; opacity:0.7; width:100%; height: 100%; z-index:9990;"></div>
        <![endif]-->

Demo working fine in IE9 and IE8.
Your site imagestorming.com also working fine on IE9 and IE8

Moving to themes.

I tested imagestorming.com with IE 7,8 and 9... there is no "select files" button.... same result on the demo.

Back