• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Installation Errors - Yellow Box

mmm disble the ftp and apply chmod 777 to all the folders.

Rodolfo said:
It works! I tried that before, but I only applied chmod 777 to folders /images and /up.

Is it safe to keep these at 777?

atlas said:
Rodolfo said:
It works! I tried that before, but I only applied chmod 777 to folders /images and /up.

Nope. Thats why chevereto has a ftp mode. But, if you are running in a dedicated server, you can change your php permisions and execute a proprietary php (means that .php files have owner permissions so some script can create files and folders).

Also you can try the ftp mode, using a valid user:password in the script path. If doesn't work, your php may don't have installed the required functions to do that (or permissions in php.ini)

Rodolfo said:
atlas said:
Rodolfo said:

Nope. Thats why chevereto has a ftp mode. But, if you are running in a dedicated server, you can change your php permisions and execute a proprietary php (means that .php files have owner permissions so some script can create files and folders).

Also you can try the ftp mode, using a valid user:password in the script path. If doesn't work, your php may don't have installed the required functions to do that (or permissions in php.ini)
Thanks. Do you know how/where I'd change my php permissions?

For anyone else having this same problem, I had to change the upload folders to chmod 775

and do:

chown admin.nobody /home/admin/public_html/images
chown admin.nobody /home/admin/public_html/thumbs
chown admin.nobody /home/admin/public_html/up/temp
chown admin.nobody /home/admin/public_html/up/working

at the advice of my system administrator. I guess there is a safer method, but this one is good enough for me...

Dudes... If the ftp mode is not working is because yout hosting company does not have php-ftp functions. In that case, try ro tun your php with owner permisions (not chmod!).

After several test with permission i find out how it works.
I leave here what to do for working:

Folders
Upload = 755
image and thumbs = 777
up/temp = 777
up/working = 777

I hope this help you.

By the way i gonna translate it for portuguese language and then i put it here for any one who need it.

Thanks for the developer to share this with us for free. The next step for me is put this script working with login and pass as a option by the administrator.

Back