• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Configurable album OR images default view for user profiles

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
💡Describe your Feature request

Add an admin option (or user option) to configure which listing is used by default for profiles. At this time the system list images by default, it should enable to pick between images (current) and albums (new addition).

👏Where did you saw this?

It was requested by a user, I've also saw that there are many galleries driven by albums instead of images so this could help to improve display.

🔥Interest outside our community

I've noticed that Piwigo uses albums by default and they have a lot of instances in museums and whatnot where they need to be album driven. This may broaden our market.

I believe instead of setting this in user preferences, it should be configured within each album. When creating an album, there could be an option to choose whether to display sub-albums first or images first.

I believe instead of setting this in user preferences, it should be configured within each album. When creating an album, there could be an option to choose whether to display sub-albums first or images first.
There's some confusion. What we are discussing here is configurable /username view default tab, not /album/<id> view default tab which is a different concern.

Album could also need a setting similar to this, but that requires another RFC. Here: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/configurable-default-tab-for-album-view.15440/

Back