• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Chevereto v4.0.12 announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I'm confirming the development for Chevereto v4.0.12, this one focuses on fixing album passwords and several bugs which I've detected during the last few weeks.

Stay tuned for updates.

Added cipher (encryption) to album password

At version 4.0.0 I added password hashing for album password and the problem we got is that managing albums with passwords became a hassle as the password stored was hashed and it was impossible to reverse it. Good luck trying to memorize all your passwords for your password protected albums.

In this patch I'm changing the system to store these passwords encrypted if you are using encryption. By doing this, the passwords aren't stored in plain text and can be reversed for easy handling.

All existing password protected albums will remain protected, but users will require to update passwords to enable access to content.

Added hidden (click to show) album password

Album password field is now of type "password" and when you focus the input it shows the password. This will help to avoid leaking your password when sharing your screen or if someone is peeking at your browser without your consent.

🐞 Fixed bugs

This patch release includes fixes for the following issues.
  • Fixed bug in entrypoints/index.php
  • Fixed bug in API route
  • Fixed bug in Dashboard route
  • Fixed bug in Settings route
  • Fixed bug in Signup route
  • Fixed bug in G\Handler
  • Fixed bug in app/upgrading.php
  • Fixed bug in empty search string

💅 Improved license key handling (mobile) at Dashboard

License handling got introduced in the previous patch version 4.0.11 and two issues appeared.

1. the select-all on click may be useful on desktop but in mobile is very annoying so I removed it.

2. In iOS there's a bug regarding text strings with the following shape abc:fghi as anytime pasting these it will uppercase the first char, which conflicts with the Chevereto license with is case-sensitive and it shares this shape. The Chevereto license now has this shape: abc_fghi and it doesn't conflict with iOS. I hope Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave due to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back