• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Anyone succeeded to install a self-hosting SSO comment system, and which one ?

ouiouiphoto

Chevereto Member
Dear all

I'm a newbie to Chevereto. I try to implement a comment system. I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for it. I don't want to use a third party service. I don't want my users to log on this comment system. I just want them to use chevereto credential. And if possible i want something simple to implement

Does anyone has succeed to implement such a solution and witch one ?

Have a nice summer ;)

vanilla forum is a forum platform it cannot be used as commenting platform since it is not a commenting platform.
Not being rude, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Vanilla Forums can be used as a comments system via it's external software settings found in the dashboard. You'll also need jsconnect (an addon) to be installed and set up correctly. You'll need to create an override route for header template of chevereto that has the php js connect token generated for the sso to take place.

And you have succeeded in using it as a comment system in Cheveretto ? If it is only a forum i already have one in phpbb
Yes I have. You'll just need to set it up according to your needs.

Not being rude, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Vanilla Forums can be used as a comments system via it's external software settings found in the dashboard. You'll also need jsconnect (an addon) to be installed and set up correctly. You'll need to create an override route for header template of chevereto that has the php js connect token generated for the sso to take place.

Yes I have. You'll just need to set it up according to your needs.
well you are wrong i have exactly what i'm talking about, i have seen vanilla forum myself and it is a forum not a commenting system so get it right before you telling me i'm wrong.
by needing addons does not mean vanilla forum itself was a commenting system so i was right in the first place, lmaoz please don't tell me off that i have no idea what i'm talking about, ofcourse you can use addons to turn anything into something else but on default vanilla forum is a forum software not a commenting software.

I have seen vanilla forum since 2008, so i know what i'm talking about in first time i told you off, so yeah you are one who have no idea.

@ouiouiphoto

if you don't want to struggle with using vanilla forum and it's addons then i found this instead (some addons for forums are paid addons)

free commenting php script that seems to be able to use on chevereto by adding the embed code or something into box in chevereto dashboard setting.

Last edited:
The add-on I was talking about (jsconnect is purely for SSO to the forums) is included with the installation, as it's all provided by vanilla themselves. Yes, the base software is forums, but the option to change it to a comments system like I said lies within the dashboard. So yes, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Back