Make sure that your server meets all the system requirements then do one of the following procedures:
Installation service (cPanel only)
If you run cPanel, you can request installation in which case we will handle everything installation related. This service is available for both free and paid editions and is free of charge.
Install using Docker
Docker allows you to easily install and maintain all the server dependencies with ease by using automated application containers. The ready-to-use Docker images are under nmtan/chevereto (many thanks to Tan Nguyen).
Note: Use the
installer tag to use Docker with our paid edition.
Install using our Installer
The installer is a single
.php file which will download and extract the latest release for you.
- Download the Chevereto Installer
- Upload this file to your target destination (usually the
- Go to your website and follow the instructions
Install using Softaculous/Fantastico
If your web hosting includes Softaculous/Fantastico, you can install Chevereto Free with just one click. Chevereto Free should be available for one-click install under the "Image Galleries" category.
Note: Our paid edition isn't available in any of these script libraries. However, you can install Chevereto Free and then one-click upgrade it to the paid edition directly from the dashboard panel.
Install via zip
- Download the latest release
- Upload all the contents of the
chevereto folder to your server (usually in the
- Go to your target website URL and follow the instructions
- Follow the instructions
Note: You will need a MySQL database to install Chevereto. Refer to your hosting documentation regarding databases.
Install using cPanel
Proceed with either the Install using our Installer or Install via zip procedure. When done, follow these steps to create a MySQL database connection on cPanel:
- Login to your website cPanel
- Go to "MySQL® Database Wizard"
- Step 1 will create the database that Chevereto will use to store data. Save that user name (it will be asked later on).
- Step 2 will create the database user who connects to the database. Save that user name and password (it will be asked later on).
- Step 3 will grant permissions to that database. Make sure to select
ALL PRIVILEGES because this will add the permissions to the database user over the database where Chevereto will be installed.
- Once done, go to your website target URL and the system will ask you for the database connection information (database name, database user and database user password) and then just follow the instructions.
Most common install issue is missing system requirements so make sure that you are running a compatible system and that all the data is correct like working MySQL credentials and privileges. For other issues feel free to ask for support.
Update from previous
If you are updating from a previous version you should check the update guide.