• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Working on new Admin plug-in with SQLITE database option

amereservant

Chevereto Noob
Hey everyone,
I wanted to first say hi and to express how much I like this script!
I was looking for an alternative to tinypic.com to avoid all the ads, etc. and really wanted an API to hook to, but I found this instead and really like it.

I decided to take a look at the forums and it's sad to see no big development contributions have been made to it.
I took a look at the Admin-panel plug-in by SunLord and noticed some requests for sqlite, which I myself agree with considering how small of a script it is and believe it to be unnecessary to clutter up a MySQL server with this.

After diving into the code for the admin plug-in, I realized there really needs to be some pretty big revisions/rewrites done to it and so I'm taking on that task.
I'll be using PHP's PDO extension, which means the minimum requirement is PHP 5.1.0, and offering both MySQL/SQLITE database options so you can choose which one to use.

I also intend to eventually implement an API as part of this project so users can write apps for other projects that can upload/post new images and get a response back regarding the information about the new image.
I'll also add post-upload image resizing so you can choose to create additional sizes of a previously uploaded image and not have to re-upload it again.

There's sure to be other ideas along the way, but there's just a few of them for now. I'm open to ideas as well, but my goal is to stick to keeping things simple.

Thanks again for the awesome script!

Rodolfo said:
Good news :D
Hey Rodolfo,
I'm not sure if it's still in "active" development or not, but I'll gladly contribute to the core code as long as time permits me to do so.
I can't read Spanish, so any code commenting I do will be in English, but I'm pretty decent at coding and can help.
You can take a look at the admin code when I get finished with it and decide for yourself.

Thanks again!

amereservant said:
Rodolfo said:
Good news :D
Hey Rodolfo,
I'm not sure if it's still in "active" development or not, but I'll gladly contribute to the core code as long as time permits me to do so.
I can't read Spanish, so any code commenting I do will be in English, but I'm pretty decent at coding and can help.
You can take a look at the admin code when I get finished with it and decide for yourself.

Thanks again!
Can you add me on a IM network? I am still work on getting 2.0 out there (yes, Rodolfo. still at it whenever I have time), however work has been slow (well slow. already wrote a plugin system) due too other projects needing my attention and all the Spanish variables.
But seeing as you want to help I'm willing to talk, 2 heads are always better then one.

BTW great idea, a image manger with the power of mysql with out the need for a server. :D

Well, let me introduce myself first. I am Annibelle from Florida, I am a Professor. I am here to discuss with new or innovative thoughts and share experience.

There is still development. My work right know is just bugs and fixes (recently we manage to add better bmp support). But as gamerlv says, he is rewriting the code so it's more easy to collaborate and understand it, so I'm not developing new functions because I don't want to mess around.

But if you are interested in work on it be my guess. More people means more functions, more quality, etc. The plan is have a set of developers that will be in charge of the development of the free and open source version, using tools like svn, wiki, google code, etc.

I'm will be always happy to design you beautiful interfaces but I want to leave most of the the coding part to people with more skills on it.

Hey Rodolfo, are you still working in the paid version? Looking forward to it.

Also, will there be a multi-uploader for the free version?

Thanks.

karsh said:
Hey Rodolfo, are you still working in the paid version? Looking forward to it.

Also, will there be a multi-uploader for the free version?

Thanks.

Multiuploader is not a hard issue but I think that is best that we rewrite the code to make it more extensible and easy to follow up.

PS: Yes, I'm working on the paid version but I have other projects in my hands also.

I personally highly recommend using GitHub, but it's a matter of preference. I started using it because of the fact each copy of a Git repository is a complete copy in itself. I've also found it easier to use than SVN, but once again, it's a matter of preference.

The biggest issue with multi-uploads, especially in a free script anyone can use, is that it's really easy to run into PHP's post_max_size limitation and a large majority of people will not know why it's failing or how to fix it. Shared hosting will most likely not allow you to change that. In turn, it will also result in more support requests because people will not read this potential limitation in the documentation and resort to posting an "It doesn't work" post instead.

Back