• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Why should I choose Chevereto?

mood

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I have one very simple question...
Why should I choose Chevereto over Yabsoft?

Thank you,

Mood

Eh, because Yabsoft is, sorry for my language, ugly and very unfriendly to the users comparing to chevereto. Besides, yabsoft is more than twice the price..

Lol wow? Is really Yabsoft paid script? you can get these scripts for free if it's paid.. looks like a rip of tinypic

I will have to score the first point for Chevereto. I posted the same question to the Yabsoft forum and have no replies with 5 views compared to 27 views and 5 replies here.

Price means nothing as these scripts are inexpensive, my domain cost more than either of these scripts. What has attracted me to Chevereto is the clean interface for the end user and the active community. What worries me is a lack of advanced features. I have several servers running various scripts such as Xpanel, wordpressMU (multisite), EchoPHP, Phpbbhs, etc., and it's hard for me to imagine having no admin area. Do you just rely on your server stats to see what's going on with your business? I realize these features are coming in the future but I'm more concerned with the present.

One problem I'm having is that I've never been in the "image hosting" game as a provider or end users. I have spent over a decade providing various free services such as general hosting, forum hosting, blog hosting, etc but never ventured into image hosting. I'm sure it's very similar but also very different so I'm having a hard time knowing exactly what features my users will want. Will they even care about registration at all? What percentage of them would care about having the ability to create a gallery? What other things should I be aware of before stepping into these waters?

Thanks guys!

Mood

Just because Chevereto offers lifetime license, support and upgrades for just one time payment should be enogh because has you may see Chevereto is by far the most active comunity AND the most active in releases, improvements, etc.

Is true, Chevereto lacks a lot of features but all of them are being developed seriously and not just like a one more feature to put in a huge list of bad features. Since Chevereto doesn't copy and make new things, it takes time to figure it out and make all things work togheter. But that idea have been always the focus here, doing things pretty close to perfect.

I know that thing goes slow but just be patient, that is the price of doing good things.

Rodolfo said:
Just because Chevereto offers lifetime license, support and upgrades for just one time payment should be enogh because has you may see Chevereto is by far the most active comunity AND the most active in releases, improvements, etc.

Is true, Chevereto lacks a lot of features but all of them are being developed seriously and not just like a one more feature to put in a huge list of bad features. Since Chevereto doesn't copy and make new things, it takes time to figure it out and make all things work togheter. But that idea have been always the focus here, doing things pretty close to perfect.

I know that thing goes slow but just be patient, that is the price of doing good things.

It's Just about Perfect!

Here is WHY "I" bought the script.

1) Looks great right out of the "box"

2) Its FAST! See my screenshots below....Even with 85 + people online at once, its fast!

3) The CODE is SOLID as a rock & Non Encrypted Files so you can edit !

4) The guy that owns this forum is AWESOME & Very Professional

5) There are lots of members here that are like a team and help each other out.

6) My favorite color is blue :)

I have also owned many other scripts and have tried them all (php image host, scriptteen etc ) Nothing and I mean nothing can compare with the passion that was put into the core of Chevereto's code. :D

wethead said:
1) Looks great right out of the "box" - true

2) Its FAST! See my screenshots below....Even with 85 + people online at once, its fast! - true

3) The CODE is SOLID! - true

4) The guy that owns this forum is AWESOME & Very Professional - meh, 50% true

5) There are lots of members here that are like a team and help each other out. - 75% true

Just to not confuse anyone out there, Chevereto 2.X is not Open Source (Open Source means that you meet the OSI requirements to be called like that. FYI NB is Open Source but 2.X nope).

Chevereto 2.X is not Open Source but it shares most of the Open Source goals:
1. Visible and unencrypted source code to ensure the quality of it.
2. You can customize it and use it as the base of a more powerfull and unique system.

...But Chevereto 2.X doesn't share the idea of being free redistributed and it doesn't have any OSI approved licenses attached, so is not "Open Source".

Sorry, I meant non encrypted code......so I meant to say you can edit all the file to your liking

Please excuse my poor English :)

I have edited my OP :)

Nevermind, I think that Open Source should mean that and not "A fancy name for Free Software".

ib3Bs.jpg

I think the main reason you should choose Chevereto over any other competing system is the support.

I may have a few issues with certain members of this forum but I really can't fault the code, support and active forum. Rodolfo is on here nearly 24/7 and continues to fire out updates at regular intervals, some of these are just minor fixes, some are massive changes to the structure (when introducing new features). For example, the 2.1 update will introduce SQL support and a new folder structure.

A few reasons I think you should buy:

1) Security Updates
2) Major new feature updates (check roadmap)
3) Requests listened to and, if voted, added to roadmap
4) Access to custom Modifications section - some free, some cost as little as $5 (user registration systems, galleries etc)
5) Access to multiple themes - costs around $15 (by request)
6) Fast, efficient code
7) Well documented code
8) Attention to detail
9) Multi-domain license (install as many copies as you like on domains you own)

All of that for $30 one-off payment seems like pretty good value to me. I have tried many alternatives out and this is the only one which is constantly evolving and keeping up with the times and trends.

Thanks so much to all who replied and helped me make my decision to go with Yabsoft!

Just joking;) It wasn't even close, it was a blow out, the Chevereto community is the place I want to be. I'm placing my order for a new dedicated server tonight and expect a two week wait time for arrival. I'll buy Chevereto within the next couple of days so I can begin playing with it on a test server. I'm sure I'll be asking some really dumb questions early on but hopefully I'll be able to eventually add something of value back to the community.

Thanks guys,

Mood

Back