• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Which external storage do you use ?

Kenny2606

Chevereto Member
Hello guys !

I actually run a small (small) hosting website with Chevereto and I set-up from the very start an external storage for more flexibility.

I use the Cloud Storage from OVH (https://www.ovh.com/fr/cloud/storage/object-storage.xml) cause they have very low prices and it works pretty well but I find it very slow in comparison to local storage.

So I want to know which provider do you use for your external storages ?
Which type of external storage is the "fastest" ?

My website is actually hosted on a 512MB SVZ from RAMNODE in Netherland but I just bought an OVH VPS in Gravelines and I will migrate soon.
Software configuration: Nginx + MariaDB + OPCache (+ CDN)
The Object Storage is in Gravelines location too !

If you want to try on my website, here is the link: https://imgfly.me

Thanks !

Last edited:
OVH uses OpenStack isn't? After working with that API I'm very confident on that is not the best option and yes, it is slow.

The fastest thing is Amazon S3 but the transfer is somehow expensive. The other good alternative is SFTP, which in a good server with proper configuration should be good as S3.

I unfortunately didn't have the foresight to use external storage from the beginning and I regret it now that I need to manual migrate and update the database.

That said, I have two servers with OVH in BHS.

1) Small dedicated with SSD's
2) Small dedicated with Spindle drives

The main websites sit on the SSD server and the images are now being hosted on the second spindle server using external storage via sFTP.

I use nginx across the board and everything runs very well.

I wouldn't bother spending all the money on S3, OVH Storage, etc - pick up a cheap OVH server (Kimsufi, SoYouStart, etc.) and use sFTP.

It will not only be cheaper, but it will likely also be faster.

The above setup supports my two Cheverto's sites only, I receive over 100 million requests a day and roughly 900K unique - with CloudFlare, the above handles it without an issue.

Thanks for your feedbacks !

@Rodolfo Yes, I already used S3 by the past but the cost are terrible when it's starting to growing (storage and bandwith) !

@LEckley Yes I was thinking about this solution to move all my files to an SFTP server (VPS Storage or something like)

I can easily handle the migration to an SFTP server, so I think it's the best solution !

Thanks guys :)

Best route is a load of little dedicated servers. £10 per month 1Tb jobbies from OVH.

This way, you split the bandwidth across of lot of different connections.

S3 is the best by far, however as most people here agree, it can get very expensive with regards to bandwidth charges over time.

I'm back :)

I've just migrated my OpenStack storage to an SFTP server and god ... it's so fast !

Thanks for your tips :)

Problems with the registration of OVH, there is what some analogs, a little more expensive? or only C3?
No registration for Russia

The only problem with servers is redundancy. I wish there was finer control on how and where images get send too to make it more cost effective.

Back