• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Weekly/monthly email report on image stat to uploaders

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
To increase engagement and get back inactive uploaders, a weekly report to image uploaders about view count of their images should be send as email.

Just like AddThis or facebook weekly stat.

I don't get this at all, if you're offering a good service and have an appealing website surely your members / uploaders will come back on their own accord and should not be pestered with emails about view counts.
What may seem like a good idea to send out emails to uploaders could be seen as spam for them, if I was an uploader at your website it would put me off using it if I was getting regular emails.

I think one thing a lot of Chevereto owners are doing is trying to make this script into something more like a gallery / website on the lines of facebook or twitter where members/uploaders are interacting with each other but from what I can make of the script so far you can't interact that much and I think you would be better getting a forum hosting script and having a link off your main page then you can have discussions, interact and send emails from there for those who opt in to receiving emails.

I might sound a bit off but I bought this image hosting script because of ..........

The outstanding image hosting script
Chevereto is a powerful and fast php image upload script that allows you to create a full featured image hosting website in just minutes.

I don't get this at all, if you're offering a good service and have an appealing website surely your members / uploaders will come back on their own accord and should not be pestered with emails about view counts.
What may seem like a good idea to send out emails to uploaders could be seen as spam for them, if I was an uploader at your website it would put me off using it if I was getting regular emails.

I think one thing a lot of Chevereto owners are doing is trying to make this script into something more like a gallery / website on the lines of facebook or twitter where members/uploaders are interacting with each other but from what I can make of the script so far you can't interact that much and I think you would be better getting a forum hosting script and having a link off your main page then you can have discussions, interact and send emails from there for those who opt in to receiving emails.

I might sound a bit off but I bought this image hosting script because of ..........

The outstanding image hosting script
Chevereto is a powerful and fast php image upload script that allows you to create a full featured image hosting website in just minutes.

Your concerns are right. people are trying too much to drive the development of chevereto towards the interactive community. However, they fail to remember that this is by far the best image hosting website at its core. Building a die hard community over it won't attract many users. Maybe if you're a humour/funny picture website, but image hosting is totally different section. It is not a web portal, it is a web service. You are providing a platform as a solution to host images.
However, you have to accept that sending monthly statistics of "Top user posts of the month" is a good idea. It could display the top 5 images of the user that was popular over the last 30 days.
Note: I don't want it to be implemented as the site wide users statitistics. The email should only list the top 5 images of that particular user to whom the email is being sent.

Your concerns are right. people are trying too much to drive the development of chevereto towards the interactive community. However, they fail to remember that this is by far the best image hosting website at its core. Building a die hard community over it won't attract many users. Maybe if you're a humour/funny picture website, but image hosting is totally different section. It is not a web portal, it is a web service. You are providing a platform as a solution to host images.
However, you have to accept that sending monthly statistics of "Top user posts of the month" is a good idea. It could display the top 5 images of the user that was popular over the last 30 days.
Note: I don't want it to be implemented as the site wide users statitistics. The email should only list the top 5 images of that particular user to whom the email is being sent.

While I would love an interactive stats system (for the user) similar to the one imgur uses, the idea of putting that in email is not a good idea. As far as the stats themselves? Good idea, not overly practical though as php is not particularly good at doing that on its own. There is a reason that most systems that have live/interactive data like that tend not to be php based. Instead going for something like Ruby(onrails) or node.js basically systems that can better support the content.

That isn't to say that php CAN'T do it, just that it isn't good at it. Stats and engagement is a great idea. But never through emails. Even if you make it optional I'd bet 9 times out of 10 people would have it disabled.

The best way to get back your inactive users is email marketing. However, everyone hates email marketing and considers it as spam. But when it comes to emails about their own contents that they have created, they will definitely appreciate it.

That is why I suggested email report about stats about user's image performance. This is now done by most companies including, Facebook, Addthis, Google+.

Users don't have to visit the site to see how many views their image got or how many likes or share or comment. Also sometimes users just forgot about image after it was uploaded. The email should be like a reminder once in a month. Also they can turn it of anytime they want.

I recently sent a newsletter to about 2500 users on my site and barely got 10 clicks on it. Then i understand they don't care about newletter or anything happening on the site. So I believe the best way to engage with users is about email about their own contents.

I don't like assumptions "just because" but I can't think in any case where I will use this feature. I always get the Linkedin weekly performance email and is really annoying, I've turned off all the Twitter, Facebook and what else from sending me those reports.

Email marketing is often used to scratch "leftovers" and when you do that is because you have already implemented all the other stuff in the middle that makes your service engaging. Add email marketing is something that you should do when you run out of most wanted features or when you have hardcore users (like YouTube channels).

Like I've said in previous topics, email marketing needs a stand alone implementation if you want to do it right (campaigns, click tracking, opens, etc.), I won't add those to Chevereto.

That said, at this time I'm not considering to add email features to Chevereto.

Users don't have to visit the site to see how many views their image got or how many likes or share or comment. Also sometimes users just forgot about image after it was uploaded.
Surely the idea is to get them to visit the site and not encourage them not to, if your users are that interested they would be visiting regular and not waiting for an email to arrive.
Your users probably have not forgot about the image, a good percentage probably have posted the image link code elsewhere where they share them, as said before the script is limited to how much interaction can be made by members and if you had a forum where your members could join up and post those images far more interaction and comments would be made.
I have seen numerous forum links on image hosts where image sharing goes that extra bit further and of course you can have a support section for the image hosting site too on there as well as stats ....as the suggestion has been marked as out of scope it might be an alternative for you.

Back