• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Virtual external servers (3.11.0)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
3.11.0 has been just released and in this post, you will learn about the new virtual external servers.

Virtual external servers

Now you will be able to set up virtual external storage servers which store the images to any given path in your server. To use this feature simply navigate to Dashboard > Settings > External Storage and when adding/editing an external storage you will see something like this:

1534972635382.png

Note: Path is relative to your Chevereto root.

This new storage API is perfect for those who want the benefits of external storage (container, custom URL) but without having to actually purchase an additional storage server. Since storages in Chevereto are switchable, it will make the transition from local to true external way more easier.

I also included a tool to migrate local uploads to your target virtual external server. To access this tool navigate through Dashboard > Settings > Tools where you should see something like this:

1534974548839.png

Hope you like the new virtual external servers, feel free to share your thoughts.

This is a really nice feature. I was struggling with growing storage and can't move to SSD server due to huge local storage.

Regarding the migrate tool, do we have to enter the image ID for each image one by one?

I also thought that meant image id when I first saw it, might be better to rename it from "id" to "storage id" at some point as I'm sure this will confuse some people time and time again.

Great feature btw :)

Back