• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload problems after change of hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hujasmaa

Chevereto Member
I have some time been seeking for a better hosting. I once moved the Chevereto installation with no problems at all, but after another move yesterday there has been some difficulties. There still is strange upload / thumbnail behavior, which I don't quite understand. I am unable to solve it myself.

I moved the site from one cPanel/WHM-equipped VPS to another one. After the transfer of files database import with phpMyAdmin was unsuccessful. The hosting staff upgraded MySQL version from 5.5 to 5.6. After that import of chevereto db succeeded with no error messages.

All images are stored at Amazon S3. After the MySQL update everything (apparently) else worked ok, but I wasn't able to upload images. I looked for information at this tech support forum and find an explanation. VPS had php version 5.4.45. It won't work with Amazon S3.

Php version was then upgraded by hosting support. Now php version is 5.5.38. Uploading is now possible, but it is not working normally.

Problem:

When I upload different images with different name and entirely different size and content, they seem to upload just ok:

upload_to_chev.jpg

The result after upload:

chev_uploaded.jpg

I am able to move them to certain album in my own account.

After that, the odd behavior begins.

The image names are different, but the content is not. All the thumbnails are one and only image. That image is the last one, which was uploaded before these five. These five images in orange frame:

erroneous_behavior.jpg

If I now connect the site from other computer and other browser, it looks like this:

toiselta_koneelta.jpg

As you can see, the last loaded image is way too eager to represent all the other images.

I have used CloudFlare, but it doesn't affect this. To be sure it is switched off:

cloudflare.jpg

Weird. This must have something to do with browser caching and cookies, whatever. That's all I can say myself and I still may be totally wrong.

Here are some details about the installation:

chev info.jpg

The problem is a cache either in CloudFlare or in your server. In any case, is not a problem of the script.

I performed several test and just in one I noticed this issue. That tells me that is a server stuff, maybe the pagespeed module or something else.

Anyway, you must check with your hosting company.

Ok, thanks for testing! I'll ask them to examine what could cause symptoms like this.

It is not CloudFlare, because I've used it for a while with the old VPS with no problems. Now it is even taken out of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back