• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Upload Plugin Visible For XenForo Group

Focker

💖 Chevereto Fan
I'm looking for someone who can help with this idea. I mentioned it here, but it should be its own thread now.

My idea regarding the new "Plugin":
It would be cool to make it visible only to XenForo forum users who were also users of my Chevereto hosting site. I'm not the owner of the forum but I'm an administrator and can add the plugin script. Not all the forum members will want to use my hosting service (I charge a small fee) so I won't be able to install this plugin and force the option on them, but I would like to make it available to my hosting subscribers.

Suggested in the thread:
Oakley said:
You could probably put those forum members into a forum user group and code it so that only that usergroup are able to "see" the button.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.

You should start by asking XenForo community "How to include custom HTML based on user groups?"

As for Chevereto user + XenForo user conditional, that needs that XenForo nows that (backend) and then conditionally display the button. PUP doesn't interact with Chevereto until the user clicks the button. PUP doesn't handle sessions or anything, it triggers when you click on it so it won't work on its own to achieve what you need.

Also, session access will be available only if we are talking in the same domain. Any cross-domain stuff will need a bridge (like ping your Chevereto for session check and if OK then store that thing). Before you ask, such bridge doesn't exist in Chevereto.

Best that you can do is to conditionally display the button to a target user group and on click ask for login credentials.

I came up with a solution... It's so easy.

With xenforo you can set up multiple styles. I made a custom style with the PUP icon for those who use my site. It's only visible in that style.

I haven't played with the idea of making the style only visible to a particular group yet, but stay tuned.

Back