• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload Plugin: Software support request

Which software should PUP add seamless support?

• vBulletin 4

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • WordPress

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • ProBoards

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Woltlab

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • YaBB

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I'm doing a little experiment here and I want you to nominate and vote for the software that should be seamlessly supported by PUP (when the button fits the toolbar and looks as a native thing).

For each nominee I will add an option to the poll and you can cast your vote and mark your preference. Most voted software will be added to PUP so let me know what you think and what you want to get.

Note that you can nominate multiple softwares, buy you can only cast 2 votes.

Thanks guys,
Rodolfo.

I still believe ProBoards would be a solid choice. I recently asked the creator. They're at 4 million forums now.

WordPress is a kickass choice! But, dominating forums would let Chevereto dominate them all.

I still believe ProBoards would be a solid choice. I recently asked the creator. They're at 4 million forums now.

WordPress is a kickass choice! But, dominating forums would let Chevereto dominate them all.
ProBoards added to the poll.

Thank you for adding ProBoards.

SMF is the only major software without an actual paid development team. It has aged, and it aged well. We were lucky it worked well on SMF and IPB 1.3 as is even though they're old.

I've cleaned all the messages about SMF in this topic since I've improved SMF support and for the next release it will look like this:

upload_2017-9-25_21-33-26.png upload_2017-9-25_21-33-41.png upload_2017-9-25_21-34-3.png

Please suggest different software now, this is about new software to be added not to improve already supported software.

Thanks.

I'm a vbulletin user for 10 years. I have a vb4 license but stayed with vb3 because I thought vb3 did everything I needed, especially with all the plugins. In the last two years my forums started to feel really dated. After throwing money at my forum in a failed attempt to modernize it, first with an additional mobile style and then with a custom responsive style, I only now seriously looked to upgrade. I considered vb5 first, research showed that there are many dissatisfied vb5 users and that most vbulletin users preferred to stay with vb4. I say this for the benefit of vb4 users so Rodolfo understands there is a large segment of vbulletin users who will never upgrade to vb5. The general consensus is however that in any case vbulletin has fallen behind the times,

That said, after a month of testing and spending time on their support forum, I just migrated my vbulletin forums to Woltlab Suit Forum (formerly Burning Board) and I'm not looking back. So I nominate Woltlab.

Last edited:
A ProBoards forum is already using the plugin from my site and just want to say it's working great.
It works great for mine as well for quick reply only :D But just not the full reply page yet. The quick reply thing is super convenient!

YaBB maybe...? Yet another Bulletin Board.
Their R&D are looking to move from flat file/perl to db/php.
Ooh. Nice suggestion. YaBB is pretty much the grandfather of the forums. Most forum softwares were based upon it on one time.

@Rodolfo I have a test ProBoard if you'd like access to it to play around.

Back