• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload moderation

BMWracing

Chevereto Member
It is nice that people can upload images to the public gallery to make chevereto sites dynamic but the down side is that there are also users who upload content which is inappropriate.

Instead of disabling the upload to gallery feature, I would like to request a moderation option where users with the moderation access rights to be able to approve uploads to be displayed in the public gallery.

So if a unregistered user uploads files --> admin or users with moderation rights can approve images --> content displayed in public gallery.

This way we can create a user group of moderators and the public gallery option can still be used (the only down side is that the users won't see there images until aproved).

It's a feature which even the chevereto demo site can use :D I often see allot of material which is not gallery proof!

Add something like this is not that hard at all (I'm not saying that is a walk in the park) and if so many people is requesting it I think that is because some good use you will get from this.

Yes, a staff account to handle report, support, approval, removal may be cool. Then I could outsource the management to someone else.

We have a gallery using CPG with nearly 5000 files... Not having this feature is what is preventing us from making the merge over to Chevereto for that.

Look forward to getting this! (And starting the colossal project of porting things over...)

I'd also like to see this. With one slight improvement. Add the ability to add whitelisted IP addresses, and auto approve those.

Thinking about this a little more, I think what you should do is add an option to the upload page called "include in gallery(explore)". If it's checked then the image goes to a moderation queue, then if the moderator or admin approves it then it's added to the Gallery(Explore)

Back