• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upload images using ftp/sftp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website URL
https://truvaljewels.com

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
As you already know, I want to be able to upload images via FTP.

Let me clarify again what I want to achieve;
- upload groups of images via FTP. each group will have images named "1.jpg", 2.jpg, 3.jpg and so on.. for example I upload to folder name "123456" with images 1,2,3,4...
- Then I want to be able to find each image with a URL that ends with the same information, for example;
/123456/1.jpg
/123456/2.jpg
I does not matter what else comes before in the URL so long as its consistent.

I am not uploading to an external server via FTP, I just want to use FTP to upload to my chevreto! If external is required I am happy to get one if it allows me to achieve what i need.

I am not an expert coder or tech guy, just a small business owner trying to make things easier for our process. I am happy to keep trying on my own but as you can see, its not going anywhere.

I am providing the needed credentials below and I want to thank you in advance. I am also happy to make a donation to chevereto for you time.

One last question; is there a way upon upload for chevereto to automatically rename in sequential order (1,2,3,4...) and sort the images from newest to oldest.

If that is not possible, then at least I would like to be able to search on chevereto by the album/folder name, as in our example above of "123456"

Again, I am happy to make a donation to chevereto, I hope you can get this done for me. Thanks again!

Your external FTP into the same server won't work. It is intended for external servers, not the same server.

Not a Chevereto limitation, is your server which just doesn't play nice with same IP connections, most likely the firewall is affecting the thing. On top of that, is too unpractical to bypass all uploads to FTP on the same server, at least use SFTP if you want to go that way.

I strongly believe that Chevereto won't fit your needs at this time as it doesn't include any of the features that you are looking for and I won't encourage you to keep doing FTP into this because it is not what you should be doing in the first place.

You should try another software, best that can do for you is to include support for virtual external servers in the next revision. Basically, you define a local path and we skip the FTP thing.

If you can't wait for that then you should look for another software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back