• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Upgrade from 3.5.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keurfirma

Chevereto Member
This is not a server issue. Please use the right section.
(We have a paid license)

We need to upgrade our 3.5.11 installation to 3.12.1 because our server will automatically update to PHP 7.2.
Without losing any data (we have over 125k images)!

The docs is split into first updating to 3.6.8 and updating to the newest release. However, I can't find the 3.6.8 installer.
From inspecting the .sql and update files, I see a lot of unlinking and table drops, so I need to be 100% sure that I'm doing the correct thing.

- What is the best way of upgrading?
- How to database migrations happen? We added 1 extra column to chv_albums that we don't want to lose.

1. Every update procedure carries all combo updates. You don't need the older releases.
2. If your extra column doesn't conflict with the system columns then you won't have any issue.
3. The documentation doesn't say "update to 3.6.8", it says "latest release". Bad reading on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back