• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Update Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirageboss

Chevereto Member
So whenever I attempt to automatically update the system, I get the below error.

Can't perform automatic update

This installation can't use the automatic update functionality because this server is missing some crucial elements to allow Chevereto to perform the automatic update:

Can't write into root / path
Need help or questions about this? Go to Chevereto support.

Specs:
  • CentOS 7 cPanel Installation
  • Shared Hosting - However I have root access too
  • PHP 7.0

Any ideas?

System is telling you that php can't write into root html directory. The update needs full permissions, it need to replace the old files.

I never said that you should do that 0777 thing. All modern php setups rely in server permissions (nginx, Apache) instead of these old fashioned folder permissions stuff.

Usual way to do it is to add the root html folder to the same group where your server is. There's no general instructions for this, it varies from each server.

And in some cases you only need to enable suphp or use any other one-click alternative that your hoster should provide to you.

I never said that you should do that 0777 thing. All modern php setups rely in server permissions (nginx, Apache) instead of these old fashioned folder permissions stuff.

Usual way to do it is to add the root html folder to the same group where your server is. There's no general instructions for this, it varies from each server.

And in some cases you only need to enable suphp or use any other one-click alternative that your hoster should provide to you.
I misread what you had said.

I've enabled PHP-FPM for PHP-7 and this fixed my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back