• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Understanding Flood protection

friv

Chevereto Member
Hello folks

I am little bit confused with Flood protection. For example what mean : Minut limit with number 50 ?

Did that mean that guest can upload 50 images in 1 minut ?

Hm.. if that so 50 images in minute is a spam .I mean then that user can upload images with software. That is not good for server and indexing on Google. And my honestly opinion is to set only to user can upload 1 image in minute per one IP. What you think?

Hm.. if that so 50 images in minute is a spam .I mean then that user can upload images with software. That is not good for server and indexing on Google. And my honestly opinion is to set only to user can upload 1 image in minute per one IP. What you think?

You are missing the fact that you can tweak and turn on/off that functionality.

Is better to turn ON and put only example 5 images per minute. My opinion. If i put OFF then is a big risk of spam flooding the server.

Last edited:
True. If you disable that you can get a denial of service attack.

Hm.. if that so 50 images in minute is a spam

Why do you think thats spam ?? If someone has lots of images on their computer/device and they want to upload them in one go then you should not assume that it's spam.

It's quite likely to happen with new users who want to upload what they have initially.

It would have no effect on Google indexing.

Just adjust the number as you wish.

In this case is not important if he have lot of images and then he must upload all those images fast,here is about robot software which Google treat badly.The main catch is if someone use automatic method,software and with that software he want to upload lot of images, then that Google can consider as spam artificial content. Any automatic method Google hate and can bring your site in danger zone,to be de indexed by Google search engine.

That's why that can be tweaked. I don't understand the problem here with that functionality.

By the way, Google doesn't care about how fast you get content, it only cares about indexing your content and the robot stuff is about those people creating fake content, not people uploading images. Don't panic everybody with incomplete information.

Flood protection is about denial of service, that's all you need to care about.

Ok. Why you not put Google re-captcha on upload form? That will be completely safe.
Flood protection is not about if the request is human or not. Flood protection is about multiple images being uploaded in a short timespan.

Rodolfo i ask about Google recaptcha near Upload button.
reCaptcha = human / robot
flood protection = abuse / normal use

I don't place a reCaptcha on upload because if I do that then I've to assume that a certain number of uploads will be fine and the user will need to re-reCaptcha if some condition is met. Flood protection has been around quite long and it just works fine.

The idea here is to cut anyone abusing the system. Either human or a robot, doesn't matter the harm is the same and that is what we stop.

At this time the system doesn't allow you to add a reCaptcha check and honestly I don't think is needed. Anyway, development here is driven by Requests, Ideas and Suggestions and if others users also want this I have no problem in add it but this has been suggested before and it didn't get any traction but I still accepted the request, meaning that I will add it when I get out of ideas or if gets enough traction to force me to add it earlier.

Back