Unable to download installer (server problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcunit

Network license
License owner
Hi

I have a free installation at my site. I purchased network licence today. When i tried to upgrade it, i got the message that installer.php download failed. Please help.

Thanks
Subodh

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Please provide the actual error that you may find in your server error_log.

pcunit

Network license
License owner
error log does not seem to have any mention of the issue.

[Thu Jun 06 02:50:03.934517 2019] [:error] Error: Can't save downloaded file /home/admin/web/pixio.pw/public_html/installer.php, referer: http://pixio.pw/dashboard

can i download the installer.php file manually and upgrade? please note that i will be upgrading from free version.

Last edited:

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
What should i do?
The problem that you are experiencing is server related, chances are that your server blocks the connection to our server (could be refused, a wrong ssl setup, bad permissions, etc).

If your server is not capable of download and/or write the file you can:
  • Use manual install/update procedure.
  • Fix your server
  • Get a new server

pcunit

Network license
License owner
@Rodolfo
I am using free version. Do i need to install version 2.0 first? or should i simply follow manual update procedure given in the latest release?

Rodolfo

Chevereto Developer
Chevereto Staff
Version 2?

Chevereto-Free V1 is a fork of Chevereto V3 (paid) and the versioning is totally different and not related. If you run Chevereto-Free V1 doesn't means that you have to update to V2 because Chevereto-Free born as a fork of V3.

You have to manually update it, which means replace all the Chevereto-Free files with Chevereto (paid) files.

pcunit

Network license
License owner
Thanks mate. That seems pretty simple. I will do the update and get back to you if there are any issues.

Support

Chevereto Staff
Unfortunately, this ticket has more than seven days without a reply or feedback from the original poster. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its now closed.

Don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you issues.

Ticket closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.