• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

TMD hosting issues

Ron

Chevereto Member
Hi guys,

I hope I write in right thread. :)

I have bought TMDHosting service + license (business cloud hosting). They have been migrated my site to new, "better" servers for almost two weeks and since then I have experienced issues with my site. Basically my site is down 3-4 times a day. It's down for more than 1h right now when I writing this. I use several tools to monitor my site, so every time it's down I get email about that (I know sometimes those services are not quite precise) but Im checking this throught different ips, use vpn test it from different countries and even test it from different internet providers. For now my trust for TMDhosting is gone. Since I spend a lot of money on advertising this in not normal that people are coming to my site and its down. Of course they are keeping apologizing and say that everything is ok on their side... Waiting answer from costumer care about two days.

So I wanted to ask you guys advice. What should I do? Switch to another hosting provider or stay?

Br, Ron

Did you ask them to move your server to some other less crowded node? See if it gets better from there. If it doesn't, then congratulations you might have reached to a point when a shared hosting is no longer suitable for you because of resource limitations.

Chevereto partnered with TMDhosting because it is one of the best non-EiG owned hosting company out there.

The key here is to see if you website is serving big chunk of traffic. If your website has a lot of traffic it will have same issue on any other shared hosting provider you plan to move. Many would not even want your business because you will need a lot of disk space to store those images. Most of them don't even allow it and have it mentioned in their tos.

If that is the case, you'd probably want to have your images hosted in external storage server + good vps or dedicated server to server website frontend.

Did you ask them to move your server to some other less crowded node? See if it gets better from there. If it doesn't, then congratulations you might have reached to a point when a shared hosting is no longer suitable for you because of resource limitations.

The key here is to see if you website is serving big chunk of traffic. If your website has a lot of traffic it will have same issue on any other shared hosting provider you plan to move. Many would not even want your business because you will need a lot of disk space to store those images. Most of them don't even allow it and have it mentioned in their tos.

If that is the case, you'd probably want to have your images hosted in external storage server + good vps or dedicated server to server website frontend.
Thanks for answer! Before purchasing I asked them which hosting plan better suits for my needs and they recommended business cloud hosting. They told that they host a lot of chevereto powered sites and I will not have any issues with it. How big should be traffic to consider to switch to vps?

Back