• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Thoughts on migration from V3 to V4

schultz-it-solutions

Chevereto Member
Hola Rodolfo,

As I understand, the migration from V3 to V4 seems to be some kind of "importing the data from V3". So the process seems to be "install V4 parallel to the existing V3, and import the data". This is fine with me, but...

V3 runs on PHP 7.4 (I seem to remember it actually crashed with PHP8.0), and V4 requires minimum PHP 8.0

So, except for me misunderstanding something, I cannot run my "gallery" (sub)domain with BOTH PHP versions at the same time. I would have to create a temporary migration-(sub)domain for V4 running on PH8.0, and once the migration is done, remove V3, change the original domain to PHP8 and fix any path issues that might arise.

This sounds awfully complicated and error risking.

Maybe it is possible to allow PHP7.4 on the new V4 (at least during the migration). - this way we could avoid the intermediate subdomain (or similar steps).

What do you think?

Kind regards
Ruediger

The upgrading process is explained here: https://v4-docs.chevereto.com/application/installing/upgrading.html

This sounds awfully complicated and error risking.
To install V4 is trivial as provide the files and update PHP 8.

Not an importing process as you describe... A test install is recommended (optional) as a best practice, and that you may use that test install to plug the actual data so you don't have to install it twice (neither carry the old system files).

To avoid future confusion I removed the suggestion related to the test install.

Ab wann kann man updaten ? auf die 4.0 ?
Chevereto is still BETA, so I would suggest you wait a little longer (until Rodolfo publishes at least a "Release-Candidate" version, shouldn't be a long wait I belief).
Updating to BETA is highly discouraged on production sites.

kind regards
Ruediger

Back