• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion] Watermarks (branding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunz

Chevereto Member
I saw now that Watermarks topic is closed so i created a new one.

So tell me if i understood well the watermarks function. When an user upload an images, on that images is printed a "logo" configurable. So the image will be modified with that logo.

If i understood well, then i think is not an usefull features... who will use a service that mark the real images?

So now i was thinking a solution, something like images shack. Put the watermarks ONLY on thumbnail, and not on real image.

Tell me what do you think,

Cheers

Not all the users have the same needs. If you use it to serve as public image hosting that's fine but some users use this for a personal usage, or perhaps in a site of reviews who needs to mark the uploaded images, etc. There are many usages out there and this function is just the introduction of the watermark function. If you want watermarks only on the thumb, well... Who will use a service that mark the thumbs? I mean Imgur doesn't mark the thumbs or the image so why you will choose a service who does this?.

The answer is simple: The watermarks aren't intended to be used on a image hosting usage and mark the thumbs isn't watermarking, that is just put a branding on it. You should remade this topic title as "[Suggestion] Branding in Thumbs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back