• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion]IP GEO Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

💖 Chevereto Fan
So, as my title states, this is my suggestion for any upcomming released of chevereto (2.3 hopefully).

What it entails;

What I do find rather annoying, is that if someone uploads an image and I wish to find out WHERE the image was uploader from (let's say to isolate adult images etc...), then to find where they are located then I'll have to use a 3rd part IP search.

Now although this isn't too much out of my way, it would be nicer to display WHERE they are located with a country flag beside it.

4VcvL.png

A lot of people may think that this is invading privacy. But it's not, as the information to where they live due to their IP is available through many websites.

I don't see much of a point for this, unless you want to get country statistics of your visitors.

I don't see much of a point for this, unless you want to get country statistics of your visitors.

Yes, country statistics are one part. But more or less gives an idea, that if someone uploads illegal/unwanted content I can easily see where the country the person is from, and therefore get an idea to who the main offenders are.

Is not wise to base the blocks by region because well... Is a lot of people. In the case you block by IP this person will surely get a proxy and then you will get false positives from that region, you have to ban the IP given by the proxy so he will need to find another proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back