• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

SSD VPS or HDD VPS for Chevereto site?

domaincamp

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I'm about to move my Chevereto site to a VPS.
Just wondering is there difference on choosing SSD VPS or HDD VPS?
Considering the site has 5k - 10k UV/day, visitors can only upload and viewing the images, they are NOT allowed to hotlink the images.

Thanks

Hey, thanks, can visitors feel the page loading difference easily? :)
And SSD will have faster read/write speeds.

The biggest notice for users will be that the files, if you're uploading them to that hard drive, will be able to write faster (assuming other factors like internet speed is ignored).

Another thing that will be nice for you is that SQL will move faster if it's also stored on that. I would suggest SSD over HDD for the entire site package. If you only hosting specific portions of the site you can mix and match.

Who is your host?

And SSD will have faster read/write speeds.

The biggest notice for users will be that the files, if you're uploading them to that hard drive, will be able to write faster (assuming other factors like internet speed is ignored).

Another thing that will be nice for you is that SQL will move faster if it's also stored on that. I would suggest SSD over HDD for the entire site package. If you only hosting specific portions of the site you can mix and match.

Who is your host?

Thanks for the details! Much appreciated!

I'm ordering SSD VPS from WiredTree.
Was thinking KnownHost, both are good providers based on the reviews I read at WHT.

Thanks for the details! Much appreciated!

I'm ordering SSD VPS from WiredTree.
Was thinking KnownHost, both are good providers based on the reviews I read at WHT.
I just signed up with WiredTree like... two days ago. Their support has been VERY responsive in helping me migrate accounts and fixing issues.

The difference on static file delivery (images, css, js) will be almost nonexistent and PHP won't take advantage of this SSD pretty much because modern PHP uses OPCache for improved performance.

MySQL will be highly improved for all operations where MySQL runs out of RAM and needs to write in your disk. Actually all MySQL will have considerable improvements when running a SSD.

In my experience it feels faster but not like when you use an SSD in your computer, that change is huge.

Back