• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

some questions

cricko

Chevereto Noob
I have some questions friends, I would like some input, info and advise from you guys :)

I have used several image hosting scripts (even paid scripts - fully paid and not nulled) before which were more SQL intensive scripts and caused severe issues with various vps hosts we have tried.

We can't afford an Dedi as of yet since the imagehost script we are using isn't a front end service but a support service to our vBulletin forums.

I would like to know the following:

1. Since, 2.0 is arriving soon (at least hope so), will there be an upgrade manual ?

2. Is there iframe code for the upload box - so that we can directly upload from our forum - new thread and new reply options ? (just like syndicate feature in imageshack)

3. Is the script high MySQL intensive, does it depend on total queries and databases causing higher load ?

4. Is the script good with SEO - as it could help get a few leads ;) ?

5. Do we have an admin interface where we could ban the ip address/users ?

your replies would be highly appreciated

1_ Version upgrades do not think you complicate friend
2_ No, but you could create and share with the community.
3_ Do not use Database
4_ About SEO hmm .. I think it only has 3 pages. But you can add more (I did not understand your question or the translator, failure.)
5_ No, but you can do it. htaccess

Greetings ;D

1. From 1.91 to 2.0 the upgrade will be manual (but not complicated)

2. There is service API which works with jsonp, therefore, is possible to make some kind of js code, but it will be released if there is popular demand for that.

3. 2.0 will not use dB at all. It's likely that dB comes on 3.0 but put dB in this means that your server usage will be incremented dramatically, that is no secret. So the dB issue is on my head and I'm figuring a way to low that thing for 3.0

4. You can have your custom pages and so on, there is canonical urls on it also.

5. There is no admin in 2.0 and btw, the best method to ban someone is by server rule (in this case .htaccess)

thanks for the replies and clarifications goodbay and Rodolfo :)

I would def. love to have upload system from forum, this could also be used by others on their html static pages too :)

Just have few more questions:

1. I would like to know if there is an report option for each image ? Like some images are reported to us for removal due to copyrights or etc ? And how can the images be deleted ? Do we need to delete them either via ssh or ftp only at the moment, isn't it hard finding a file and deleting them via ftp in-special ?

2. I would like some clarity on the fact that, the current service doesn't use db. How and where does it store the values ? So for backup just zipping the scripts folder would do ? And to restore just un-zipping is the answer ?

3. On the current 1.9 and 2.0 will there be a difference on the type of server I am using ? I am currently using Apache and can use nginx is usage of lighthttpd or liteserver necessary ?

4. And finally does the script use/need rewrite rule to be enabled ?

Thanks

Hi cricko, regarding your questions:

1. No report for now, image delete will come on some update.. At the moment ftp/ssh.
2. Backup the images folder and voila.
3. YES, 2.0 now supports Windows web servers (like wamp)
4. Yes, it need the mod_rewrite

Back